Policy, Media & Statistics
One of Engineers Australia's core activities is to make its position known on policies, inquiries and other government initiatives. Such high level representation raises the profile of engineers and ensures that the views of practicing engineers are considered when governments develop policies. We use a range of methods to ensure our voice is heard.
The newsroom includes:
- media releases
- opinion pieces
- member profiles
- statistics and data
- resources for journalists
- and more...
Engineers Australia statements articulating our position on issues of interest, policy or matters affecting the engineering profession from 2008 to 2013.
- Government Submissions: Engineers Australia makes submissions to government on a wide range of issues.
- Policy Statements: Engineers Australia draws upon the intellectual capital of the membership when drafting policy statements and developing submissions.
- Information Papers and Policy Notes: A collection of papers detailing and accessing the effect of government policy on the engineering profession.
- Engineering Profession Statistical Overviews providing information and analysis on the structure and nature of the engineering profession.
- Engineering Labour Market Analysis: A comprehensive analysis of the 2011 Census and a comparison with the 2006 data.
- Engineering Higher Education Analysis: Statistical analysis of higher engineering education in the states and territories.
- Australia's Infrastructure Report Card.
Want to know more about our advocacy activities, contact us.