Role and Activities
Engineers Australia is the national forum for the advancement of engineering and the professional development of our members.
With more than 100,000 members embracing all disciplines of the engineering team, Engineers Australia is the largest and most diverse professional body for engineers in Australia. Our chartered engineers are regarded as trusted professionals not only in Australia, but worldwide.
We seek to:
- Advance the science and practice of engineering
- Cultivate lifelong learning by our members
- Promote the contribution of the profession as widely as possible
- Champion professional and ethical conduct
- Welcome all those who wish to practise engineering
- Allow members' aspirations to flourish, and learn from their creativity and innovation
- Celebrate excellence in engineering outcomes
- Draw inspiration from our engineering heritage
- Sustain the integrity of the profession
- Take the lead in advocacy of the profession.
Engineers Australia conducts a broad range of activities. Explore the links below to see what we offer to members and the broader community:
- Program Accreditation
- Migration Skills Assessment
- Professional Development
- Chartered Status for Engineers