Honorary Fellow (HonFIEAust)
Eligible recipients are Fellows of The Institution of Engineers Australia or distinguished non-members. They have rendered conspicuous service to the profession of engineering, are eminent in engineering or an allied science, or a distinguished person whom the Council desires to honour, either for having rendered conspicuous service to the Australian people or in recognition of outstanding achievement.
Council considers nominations annually.
Honorary Fellow Nominations
Nominations for Honorary Fellows in 2013 are now closed.
Criteria for Honorary Fellow Nominations
The criteria for this award to be defined as:
- Contribution to community welfare
- Contribution to the profession
As further expressed by
- Contribution to the community's welfare through engineering works
- Contribution to the knowledge-base of the profession through research and development activities
- Contributions to education through teaching and/or education support
- Contributions to the community outside of engineering practice
- Contributions to the profession through professional society activities
Contributions to the profession through leadership and management
NOTE: Nominees do not need to pass every area of the above sub-sets, however these are provided as a guide for nominators. Nominators will be asked to address the sub-set areas where relevant to the nominee and their career.