8 Jun 2015The State Government has today unveiled the winning design for the pedestrian bridge which will provide sports fans with a chance to walk to the new stadium from the city.
22 May 2015Engineers Australia and Cyient Industry Partner Summit, 24 March 2015, Melbourne
20 May 2015Nominations for the John Holland Civil Engineer of the Year Award, WH Warren Medal and Rod McGee Medal are open until 1 September 2015
13 May 2015Past Chair Civil College calls to for your support in memory of Bill Blake
12 May 2015Bill Blake was a civil engineer and lawyer, who gave his time generously in volunteer work with Engineers Australia.
The Civil College is one of Engineers Australia's Colleges which is responsible for specific functions relating to the civil engineering and sub disciplines areas of practice.
The College is managed by a Board and some of its key functions are:
- set discipline standards for professional engineers, technologists and associates
- guide the content of undergraduate courses
- enter into mutual recognition agreements with kindred bodies and
- explore discipline related initiatives and provide guidance on CPD policy
|Find out more|
CECAR7 Call for abstracts
On behalf of the Engineers Australia Civil College Board, I am pleased to draw your attention to 7th Civil Engineering Conference in the Asian Region – CECAR 7 – in Hawaii from 30th August to 2nd September 2016. The theme of CECAR 7 is Building a Sustainable Infrastructure in the Asia Pacific Region and will be hosted by the American Society of Civil Engineers – ASCE.
Engineers Australia representative wanted
The committee is being reactivated as the following revisions have just been approved by Standards Australia:
- AS 3582.1-1998, Supplementary cementitious materials for use with Portland and blended cement – Fly ash;
- AS 3582.2-2001, Supplementary cementitious materials for use with Portland cement – Slag – Ground granulated iron blast-furnace;
AS/NZS 3582.3-2002, Supplementary cementitious materials for use with Portland and blended cement – Amorphous silica.
Standards Australia would be pleased to welcome an Engineers Australia representative in this committee.
EA now has the option to nominate a contact who will be representing EA in a technical capacity (please refer to Section 7.2 of SG-004 Roles and Responsibilities in Standardisation).
If so have someone who is interested, can you please confirm by COB 30 May 2014.
6 Aug 2015TELG and Engineers Australia are very grateful to Thiess Global Mining for the trust they have placed in us to continue the fine tradition of this excellent competition.
6 Aug 2015Join the Engineers Australia Bendigo Regional Group as we host a conversation on future infrastructure in the Bendigo region.
6 Aug 2015Time: 5:30pm for 6pm - 8pm
11 Aug 2015Stainless steel has grown in use at 5.6% per annum since the 1950s, outstripping other metals and virtually all other materials.
17 Aug 20152015 COPEP Half day seminar will be on "Beyond the detail: How do we ensure good outcomes for all through the planning and delivery of maritime and coastal projects?"
- Transfer / Upgrade your membership
- Library services
- Policy and government liaison
- Become an office bearer or volunteer
- Exclusive member rewards
- Become a registered engineer
- Find Engineers Australia in your area
- Career planning and advice
- Engineering Education Australia courses
- Articulation guidelines
Migration Skills Assessment
Stage 1 Competency Assessment
Get Chartered Status
For Managers and Leaders
For Young Engineers
Policy and Media
What is Engineering