28 Jan 2016Engineers Australia and create magazine are looking for Australia’s most innovative engineers.
9 Feb 2016A desalination process which doubles as a renewable energy source is now under study, thanks to a major national award.
29 Jan 2016Elizabeth Quay, the new development designed to link the Perth CBD better with the Swan River will be officially opened this afternoon.
28 Jan 2016Tasmanian dam engineering expert, Bruce Cole, was recently awarded the Engineering Heritage Australia Award of Merit.
19 Jan 2016The Australian Government has announced $100 million for the repair or replacement of 164 bridges around the country as part of its Bridges Renewal Programme.
The Civil College is one of Engineers Australia's Colleges which is responsible for specific functions relating to the civil engineering and sub disciplines areas of practice.
The College is managed by a Board and some of its key functions are:
- set discipline standards for professional engineers, technologists and associates
- guide the content of undergraduate courses
- enter into mutual recognition agreements with kindred bodies and
- explore discipline related initiatives and provide guidance on CPD policy
|Find out more|
CECAR7 Call for abstracts
On behalf of the Engineers Australia Civil College Board, I am pleased to draw your attention to 7th Civil Engineering Conference in the Asian Region – CECAR 7 – in Hawaii from 30th August to 2nd September 2016. The theme of CECAR 7 is Building a Sustainable Infrastructure in the Asia Pacific Region and will be hosted by the American Society of Civil Engineers – ASCE.
Engineers Australia representative wanted
The committee is being reactivated as the following revisions have just been approved by Standards Australia:
- AS 3582.1-1998, Supplementary cementitious materials for use with Portland and blended cement – Fly ash;
- AS 3582.2-2001, Supplementary cementitious materials for use with Portland cement – Slag – Ground granulated iron blast-furnace;
AS/NZS 3582.3-2002, Supplementary cementitious materials for use with Portland and blended cement – Amorphous silica.
Standards Australia would be pleased to welcome an Engineers Australia representative in this committee.
EA now has the option to nominate a contact who will be representing EA in a technical capacity (please refer to Section 7.2 of SG-004 Roles and Responsibilities in Standardisation).
If so have someone who is interested, can you please confirm by COB 30 May 2014.
11 Feb 2016Full day workshop on hydraulic aspects of ARR and the latest developments in 2D modelling for water engineering applications.
11 Feb 2016Explore unique design approaches for predicting movements.
16 Feb 2016The presentation will cover: What is laser scanning?; Types of laser scanning and its application; How does it work?; Features; Survey processes; What it can do for you?
17 Feb 2016A series of Australian Geomechanics Society Technical Academic Presentations in Latrobe Valley
18 Feb 2016The Sir William Goodman Bridge is the first reinforced concrete bridge to be built in the metropolitan area. It was designed by (Sir) John Monash for the newly-formed Municipal Tramways Trust and carried one of the first electric tram services from Holland Street across the Torrens to Hindmarsh.
- Learn more about myPortal
- Help with logging in
- Exclusive member rewards
- Elevate: smarter banking for engineers
- Transfer / Upgrade your membership
- Library services
- Policy and government liaison
- Become an office bearer or volunteer
- Exclusive member rewards
- Become a registered engineer
- Find Engineers Australia in your area
- Career planning and advice
- Engineering Education Australia courses
- Articulation guidelines