7 Apr 2016Minister for Innovation, Industry and Science, Christopher Pyne has recognised Cochlear’s ongoing commitment to building world-class engineering careers.
7 Apr 2016The system could be rapidly deployed to produce drugs needed to handle an unexpected disease outbreak or to prevent a drug shortage caused by a manufacturing plant shutdown.
24 Mar 2016The system has been designed for stroke victims to help their rehabilitation by combining motion capture technology with therapy-focused games.
23 Nov 2015Dr Majid Ebrahimi Warkiani is pioneering research to build miniaturised systems that separate the rare cells of the human body.
10 Sep 2015Deakin University is highly active in the field of lab-on-a-chip technology, with a strong focus towards translation of technology from the laboratory into the real world.
The National Panel on Clinical Engineering (NCPE) has the following aims:
- Identify the role of Clinical Engineering in the Health Industry
- Outline the scope and financial value of Clinical Engineers
- Identify a cooperative role for Clinical Engineers and research institutions in technology research; and for engineers in redeveloping an Australian medical manufacturing industry
- Identify the training role of Clinical Engineering departments
- Look at the role Clinical Engineers play in other disciplines
- Assess recent and future changes in the discipline
- Comment on the health industry's ability to cope with Clinical Engineering and technology related decisions
- Propose an education strategy for senior health managers on Clinical Engineering
- Identify the role of risk management in Clinical Engineering
21 Jun 2016The Discover Engineering Day program presents an opportunity for students to be exposed to engineering as an industry and as a profession. The day consists of hands on engineering activities, presentations from student and professional engineers. It is a fun and interactive day where students can...
21 Sep 2016Communication is one of the most universal tools that provides you with the ability to relay and understand what is going on in your world. To recognise and understand various personality types, you need the skills to effectively communicate with others. This seminar will also provide examples on...