10 Sep 2015Deakin University is highly active in the field of lab-on-a-chip technology, with a strong focus towards translation of technology from the laboratory into the real world.
31 Aug 2015A purpose-built cyclotron accelerates the protons almost to the speed of light and they are then directed through a probe to release their energy at the tumour site.
14 Aug 2015The new machine uses a laser pulse lasting three nanoseconds and targets the macular at the back of the eye.
2 Jun 2015Engineering a hearing revolution.
12 Sep 2014A portable artificial pancreas device in development could revolutionise the way diabetes is managed.
The National Panel on Clinical Engineering (NCPE) has the following aims:
- Identify the role of Clinical Engineering in the Health Industry
- Outline the scope and financial value of Clinical Engineers
- Identify a cooperative role for Clinical Engineers and research institutions in technology research; and for engineers in redeveloping an Australian medical manufacturing industry
- Identify the training role of Clinical Engineering departments
- Look at the role Clinical Engineers play in other disciplines
- Assess recent and future changes in the discipline
- Comment on the health industry's ability to cope with Clinical Engineering and technology related decisions
- Propose an education strategy for senior health managers on Clinical Engineering
- Identify the role of risk management in Clinical Engineering
- Transfer / Upgrade your membership
- Library services
- Policy and government liaison
- Become an office bearer or volunteer
- Exclusive member rewards
- Become a registered engineer
- Find Engineers Australia in your area
- Career planning and advice
- Engineering Education Australia courses
- Articulation guidelines
Migration Skills Assessment
Stage 1 Competency Assessment
Get Chartered Status
For Managers and Leaders
For Young Engineers
Policy and Media
What is Engineering