22 Sep 2016The emergence of infrastructure planning and the engineering profession as key policy issues in the ACT election campaign is welcome.
22 Sep 2016Power and Water Corporation scoops the pool at the Australian Engineering Excellence Awards (AEEA) Northern 2016.
22 Sep 2016Students and young engineers construct replicas of iconic international structures in new pilot program launched to build practical engineering skills.
22 Sep 2016Brisbane's Flood Recovery Ferry Terminals takes out top honours at the Australian Engineering Excellence Awards Queensland 2016.
16 Sep 2016Putting a patient under anaesthetic can be a fine balance between giving them enough so they don’t feel any pain but not too much in case they suffer adverse effects.
The National Panel on Clinical Engineering (NCPE) has the following aims:
- Identify the role of Clinical Engineering in the Health Industry
- Outline the scope and financial value of Clinical Engineers
- Identify a cooperative role for Clinical Engineers and research institutions in technology research; and for engineers in redeveloping an Australian medical manufacturing industry
- Identify the training role of Clinical Engineering departments
- Look at the role Clinical Engineers play in other disciplines
- Assess recent and future changes in the discipline
- Comment on the health industry's ability to cope with Clinical Engineering and technology related decisions
- Propose an education strategy for senior health managers on Clinical Engineering
- Identify the role of risk management in Clinical Engineering