17 Dec 2014The December 2014 Leaky Pen Newsletter is out!
15 Dec 2014Engineers Australia South Australia is now seeking new members to join the Biomedical Branch (SA) committee for 2015 in a voluntary capacity. The work of the committee includes producing a varied program of technical meetings, presentations, site visits and networking events for the year with a...
12 Sep 2014A portable artificial pancreas device in development could revolutionise the way diabetes is managed.
11 Sep 2014The finest examples of engineering innovation were showcased at this year’s Victoria Engineering Excellence Awards.
10 Sep 2014An electrical engineering graduate at the University of Queensland has developed a mobile gaming app that helps sufferers of cystic fibrosis manage their illness, and the app has been recognised at this year’s national iAwards.
The National Panel on Clinical Engineering (NCPE) has the following aims:
- Identify the role of Clinical Engineering in the Health Industry
- Outline the scope and financial value of Clinical Engineers
- Identify a cooperative role for Clinical Engineers and research institutions in technology research; and for engineers in redeveloping an Australian medical manufacturing industry
- Identify the training role of Clinical Engineering departments
- Look at the role Clinical Engineers play in other disciplines
- Assess recent and future changes in the discipline
- Comment on the health industry's ability to cope with Clinical Engineering and technology related decisions
- Propose an education strategy for senior health managers on Clinical Engineering
- Identify the role of risk management in Clinical Engineering
Migration Skills Assessment
Stage 1 Competency Assessment
Get Chartered Status
For Managers and Leaders
For Young Engineers
Policy and Media
What is Engineering