2 Dec 2016Swinburne University of Technology hosted Australia’s first TOM Makeathon, developing assistive technology prototypes to address the real-world challenges people with disabilities face every day.
2 Dec 2016Engineers Australia, Canberra Division Manager, Keely Quinn, sums up the local achievements and events of 2016 and welcomes 2017.
2 Dec 2016Tomorrow’s engineers from across the Territory explored the fields of engineering, technology and science at a recent CDU science school.
2 Dec 2016Meet a Timor-Leste based Defence engineer and discover what projects he’s worked on and how he’s navigated working in international teams.
2 Dec 2016Engineers Australia, Queensland 2016 President Dr Peter Ho AM reflects on his term and congratulates Queensland AEEA winners.
The National Panel on Clinical Engineering (NCPE) has the following aims:
- Identify the role of Clinical Engineering in the Health Industry
- Outline the scope and financial value of Clinical Engineers
- Identify a cooperative role for Clinical Engineers and research institutions in technology research; and for engineers in redeveloping an Australian medical manufacturing industry
- Identify the training role of Clinical Engineering departments
- Look at the role Clinical Engineers play in other disciplines
- Assess recent and future changes in the discipline
- Comment on the health industry's ability to cope with Clinical Engineering and technology related decisions
- Propose an education strategy for senior health managers on Clinical Engineering
- Identify the role of risk management in Clinical Engineering