8 Oct 2015Dr Branko Ristic, Senior Research Fellow, School of Electrical & Computer Engineer at RMIT University, discusses his research in data fusion, in particular tracking and multi-sensor data fusion.
8 Oct 2015Working in partnership with BusTech and AutoCRC, Swinburne University of Technology has helped develop the first electric bus to be designed, engineered and manufactured in Australia.
7 Oct 2015Researchers from Monash University and the Australian Synchrotron have helped produce the highest frequency organic transistor in the world, creating the potential to develop subtle electronic products such as ID badges woven into clothing, translucent solar panels on windows and virtually...
1 Oct 2015Drayson Technologies in the UK has unveiled a new energy harvesting technology that converts radio frequency energy into usable electricity to charge low power devices.
24 Sep 2015Engineers contributing to our every-day lives have been recognised in the announcement of the 2015 Canberra Individual Awards, with winners in both the Young Professional Engineer and Professional Engineer categories.
The main activities conducted by the Electrical College include:
- Technical conferences, symposia and meetings to provide members with CPD
- Preparation of learned and other publications, mainly for CPD purposes
- Policy proposals and comments to government and industry
- Awards and prizes to encourage excellence
- Sponsorship activities that promote engineering as an interesting and rewarding career
Research and development.
14 Oct 2015The IET Present Around the World (PATW) International Competition Queensland Final 2015 jointly hosted by IET Queensland and Engineers Australia Electrical and ITEE Branches. This Student Presentation Competition is open to engineering students from the participating universities engaged in a...
15 Oct 2015Gladstone is a very busy port, with many potentially high risk ship movements each year.
21 Oct 2015The session presented by Safework SA is intended for engineers who have an interest in earning an extra source of income, or are already accredited to work with functional safety systems and equipment.
22 Oct 2015Presentation by Scientia Professor Andrew Dzurak, School of Electrical Engineering & Telecommunications, UNSW
27 Oct 2015This presentation will demonstrate how electricity companies around the world are making effective use of condition monitoring to improve the performance of their networks
- Transfer / Upgrade your membership
- Library services
- Policy and government liaison
- Become an office bearer or volunteer
- Exclusive member rewards
- Become a registered engineer
- Find Engineers Australia in your area
- Career planning and advice
- Engineering Education Australia courses
- Articulation guidelines