28 Jan 2016Engineers Australia and create magazine are looking for Australia’s most innovative engineers.
12 Feb 2016American aerospace company ARCA Space has announced its version of a hoverboard will be on sale from April this year.
11 Feb 2016Swiss researchers have developed software enabling drones to autonomously detect and follow paths in forests with the aim of finding people lost in forests.
4 Feb 2016NASA has announced it is building an integrated-photonics modem with a view to testing it on the International Space Station in 2020.
1 Feb 2016A Japanese folding pattern at least 500 years old could be used to create space-minimising payloads to go to Mars or for implanting micro surgical devices.
The main activities conducted by the Electrical College include:
- Technical conferences, symposia and meetings to provide members with CPD
- Preparation of learned and other publications, mainly for CPD purposes
- Policy proposals and comments to government and industry
- Awards and prizes to encourage excellence
- Sponsorship activities that promote engineering as an interesting and rewarding career
Research and development.
16 Feb 2016Early predictions of ‘Convergence’ were made in the mid 1970’s. However, the pace of change has been turbo charged from the mid 1990’s by the Internet and mobile communications. This talk will take the audience through the evolution of convergence from a theory to the reality of today where...
17 Feb 2016This presentation provides an overview of the new design approach that deals with concepts such as ALARP, probability of fibrillation and probability of coincidence. The fundamental earthing related hazards like EPR, GPR, step, touch, hand-to-hand and remote voltage transfer are also explained.
25 Feb 2016Presentation by Dr Dimitrios Georgakopoulos, National Measurement Institute Australia
9 Mar 2016To successfully manage high voltage assets, it is essential to implement a complete life cycle management plan from the design stage to the disposal of the asset. This presentation will cover methods on effectively manage these assets using a combination of risk management and condition data.
15 Mar 2016To minimize environmental contamination and fire hazard, customers are specifying dry-type transformers more frequently. Latest developments are providing unprecedented opportunities for fire risk mitigation resulting in safety to people and property.
- Learn more about myPortal
- Help with logging in
- Exclusive member rewards
- Elevate: smarter banking for engineers
- Transfer / Upgrade your membership
- Library services
- Policy and government liaison
- Become an office bearer or volunteer
- Exclusive member rewards
- Become a registered engineer
- Find Engineers Australia in your area
- Career planning and advice
- Engineering Education Australia courses
- Articulation guidelines