|For Members and Non Members interested in submitting an application for Chartered Status.|
|Venue||Engineers Australia South Australia Division Level 11, 108 King William Street, Adelaide, SA|
|Date||Tuesday 11th October 2011 - 5.15pm for 5.30pm start|
|Non Members Cost||Free|
|Event Contact||Nathan Jones|
|Contact Phone||08 8202 7170|
|Hosted By||Engineers Australia South Australia Division|
A National Assessor, Ewan Hazeldine or Maurice Berry, will be conducting a Chartered Workshop featuring invaluable information regarding Engineers Australia, the Chartered Status accreditation and tips on writing Career Episode Reports (CERs) and putting together your Chartered application.
Chartered Status represents the highest standards of professionalism; leadership; up-to-date expertise; quality and safety; and the ability to undertake independent practice.
The benefits of achieving Chartered Status include:
- Career advantage - accruing from a higher level of accreditation in a competitive marketplace.
- Recognition - of an accreditation attained through an open, accountable, competency-based assessment, against standards reflecting international best practice.
- Better risk management - peer-tested competence provides some protection against potential challenges to your engineering.
- Lower PI insurance - the insurance industry generally recognises importance of this form of self-regulation by the Profession when negotiating insurance premiums.
- Reduced liability - access to Government-legislated preferential insurance cover, limiting and capping liability, through the Professional Standards Scheme.
- Preferential employment - increasingly organisations are requiring eligibility for Chartered Membership of Engineers Australia as a requirement in job advertisements.
- Global mobility - access to travel and work, without further accreditation, because of the distinguished reputation of Chartered Status and a number of Mutual Recognition Agreements with counterpart organisations overseas.
Registration is ESSENTIAL as there are limited places.