|NATSPEC Professional Development and Continuing Education|
|Venue||Treasury Theatre 1 MacArthur St, Melbourne,|
|Date||Wednesday 9th May, 8:30am - 12:30pm|
|Non Members Cost||$88|
|Contact Phone||1300 797 142|
This Seminar is centred on NATSPEC’s recently released the National BIM Guide, Project BIM Brief and BIM Management Plan Template. If you intend doing BIM projects, you need to understand the national BIM standards. The focus will be on the practical aspects of defining how BIM is to be used on projects and managing its implementation.
No BIM experience required, but read the NATSPEC BIM documents beforehand. All can be downloaded at no cost from www.natspec.com.au. Click on the ‘NATSPEC BIM’ logo.
Who should attend
Anyone wanting to join a building project requiring BIM including:
Clients - Architects - Building Owners - Engineers - Quantity Surveyors - Project Managers - Facility Managers.
• A Brief introduction to BIM.
• An overview of the NATSPEC National BIM Guide document set including the:
- NATSPEC National BIM Guide - NATSPEC BIM Reference Schedule
- Project BIM Brief - NATSPEC BIM Object/Element Matrix
• An overview of the NATSPEC BIM Management Plan Template.
• A demonstration of how the documents can be used.
• Presentations by local industry members about their experiences with BIM projects.
Benefits for participants
The learning outcomes gained will allow BIM team members to provide BIM services with clarity and assist clients achieve direct returns on its use.
Benefits for your organisation
• Informed decison-making about appropriate project goals, levels of service and fees during the early planning stages of projects by clients, consultants and contractors.
• Clarity about how BIM is to be used on a project results in less wasted effort and fewer disputes, leading to reduced risk and better project outcomes.
• How to utilise BIM on a project.
• What skills individuals and companies need to develop.
Neil Greenstreet, the principal author of NATSPEC’s BIM documents, supported by local construction industry members.
3 hours upon completion of questionnaire.
$88.00 (including GST)
NATSPEC, founded in 1975, is a not-for-profit organisation that is owned by the design, build, construct and property industry through professional associations and government property groups. NATSPEC’s major service is the comprehensive national specification system endorsed by government and professional bodies. The specification is for all building structures with specialist packages for architects, interior designers, landscape architects, structural engineers, service engineers and domestic owners.