APEC Engineer Register
The APEC Engineer Register is an initiative of the Commonwealth Department of Education Science and Training (formerly DETYA) and Engineers Australia to facilitate cross-border mobility for professional engineers in the APEC Region.
Registrants on the APEC Engineer Register, Australia are entitled to use the postnominal APEC Engineer and the postnominal IntPE(Aus) which confers similar recognition to APEC Engineer in the non APEC economies of India, Ireland, South Africa, Sri Lanka and the United Kingdom.
The eligibility criteria for registration on the APEC Engineer Register, Australia are:
- Successful completion of an Engineers Australia accredited or recognised undergraduate engineering course
- Assessment by Engineers Australia as eligible for independent practice
- A minimum of seven years practical experience since graduation
- At least two years in responsible charge of significant engineering work
- Maintenance of continuing professional development at a satisfactory level
FIEAust CPEng and FIEAust CPEng NER members of Engineers Australia are automatically eligible to apply for registration on the APEC Engineer Register without further assessment. To apply download the application form and email your completed form to the Member Services Team at email@example.com.
MIEAust CPEng and MIEAust CPEng NER who meet the eligibility criteria should download and complete the application form and email their completed form and supporting documentation to the Member Services Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information on the APEC Engineer Register, including the signatories to the agreement, can be found at: www.ieagreements.com.