APEC Engineer Register
The APEC Engineer Register is an initiative of the Commonwealth Department of Education Science and Training (formerly DETYA) and Engineers Australia to facilitate cross-border mobility for professional engineers in the APEC Region.
Registered APEC Engineers are accessible through research under the Category of International Registers. Inclusion on the Register is governed by criteria agreed to by the participating economies. For the Australian Register, the criteria are:
- Successful completion of an Engineers Australia accredited or recognised undergraduate engineering course
- Assessment by Engineers Australia as eligible for independent practice
- A minimum of seven years practical experience since graduation
- At least two years in responsible charge of significant engineering work
- Maintenance of continuing professional development at a satisfactory level
More information on the APEC Engineer Register including signatories to the agreement can be found at: www.ieagreements.com.