Join Engineers Australia
|The grade of Member is open to those who hold an Engineers Australia accredited or recognised Australian tertiary qualification in engineering, and have gained at least 3 years of experience in the engineering industry.|
|As a Fellow of Engineers Australia you will be recognised as being amongst the true leaders of the industry and profession.|
Affiliate membership of Engineers Australia is open to those who are not eligible for Student, Graduate, Member or Fellow grades. You will have completed a three-year degree or diploma and have an active interest in contributing to the engineering profession.
Companion membership is open to those who are not eligible for other grades of membership but have reached a level of attainment in a field related to engineering that is equivalent to that required for election as a Fellow.
Joining Engineers Australia is quick and easy. Simply follow the steps below.1. Check if your qualification is accredited with Engineers Australia:
- If you studied in Australia, view the list of accredited programs
- If you studied overseas, see if your qualification falls under the Washington or Sydney accord
2. If it is accredited, then select your grade of membership and complete the relevant application forms and submit with your payment.
3. If it is not accredited, then either complete a Stage 1 Competency Assessment or a Migration Skills Assessment. You can also check if your association has a Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA) with Engineers Australia. Please note: Membership of Engineers Australia does not entitle the holder to residency status in Australia.
4. If you are unsure which application form to complete, or have questions about your application, please contact our Member Services Team on 1300 653 113.
Certification of copied documents
As part of membershp application, you will need to provide certified copies of some documents. Refer to this fact sheet if you are unsure who can certify your documents.
Fees as at 1 July 2015