Professional Development Program
BE SUPPORTED by Engineers Australia to BUILD your engineering competency and BECOME Chartered:
The Professional Development Program (PDP) is one of the four pathways that Engineers Australia offers for members to achieve the Chartered credential.
Chartered Status means you have risen as a leader in the profession by demonstrating next-level thinking and your commitment to upholding the highest standards of practice.
The PDP is the best way for individuals, or for Organisations to support their employees, to work through the Chartered application requirements in a structured and supported process.
You can participate, and join over 5000 others, as an individually sponsored participant or as sponsored participant of one our 300+ PDP Partner organisations.
Why become Chartered?
- Achieve an internationally recognised professional credential
- Recognition by your professiona of your ability to uphold professional standards and deliver ethical practice
- Have confidence in your competence, leadership and continued professional development
- Link to Registration
- A point of difference in the employment market-place and increased potential for a better salary and career opportunities
- Connection to & involvement in the Engineers Australia network
How does the PDP Pathway work & what support do I get if I participate?
1. Use our eChartered online application & assessment system to Enrol onto the PDP & receive an enrolment kit that comprises key information to get you started on your Chartered journey
2. Use the exclusive skills matrix and career planning package to plan & assist you in building the Chartered competencies and link to your professional development and career growth
3. Access the exclusive online guides & factsheets and attend our specific PDP & Chartered presentations
4. Get advice on finding a Mentor and strategies such as Study groups to assist you in staying motivated throughout your Journey.
5. Submit your draft Engineering Competency Claim & get feedback
6. Prepare, have verified & submit the required 16 Engineering Competency Claims against the Australian Engineering Competency Standards Stage 2 in bundles of 4 at a time for formal assessment.
7. Be encouraged along the way as you meet submission milestones & access our Nationally accredited Assessors and the PDP Team for support and advice.
8. Receive an exclusive guide to help you prepare for your Professional Interview.
9. Have your achievement of Chartered celebrated with a special "Now you are Chartered" kit of information to help you be a Chartered champion.
How do I join the PDP?
- Be an EA Member at the grade of Graduate or higher
- Login to the eChartered portal & enrol on the PDP Pathway
- Complete the online enrolment form
- Get your enrolment kit, understand the process & requirements, get yourself a Mentor, and take some time to properly prepare for your Chartered journey before jumping into submitting your Competency claims!
Become a PDP Partner Organisation
The PDP provides:
- A structured process to get your people Chartered
- Comfort in the knowledge that your people are being assessed against internationally benchmarked engineering competency standards
- Agreed support by EA to make your program a success
- Access to exclusive resources for your organisation & your participants including use of eChartered
- Connection to Engineers Australia - the premier professional body and home for engineering.
Find out more
- Contact Member Services: Ph 1300 653 113
- Attend a Chartered Workshop
- Abigroup Contractors Pty Ltd
- ACS Australia Pty Ltd
- Adams Consulting Engineers
- ADG Consulting Engineers (Aust) Pty Ltd
- Advitech Pty Ltd
- AECOM Australia
- AGC Industries
- Airservices Australia
- Alcoa of Australia Ltd
- Alliance Power and Data Pty Ltd (APD)
- AMOG Consulting
- Ampcontrol Pty Ltd
- Ancon Building Products Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal
- Arrow Energy
- AS James
- ASC Pty Ltd
- ASK Consulting Engineers
- Aspec Engineering
- ATC Williams Pty Ltd
- Atteris Pty Ltd
- Aurora Energy Pty Ltd
- Ausenco Services Pty Ltd
- Australian Defence Force
- Australian Rail Track Corporation
ASK Consulting Engineers
ASK is a team of acoustic and air quality engineers and scientists based in Brisbane since 1993. We deliver specialist expertise in acoustics, noise, vibration, air quality, odor, and lighting for clients Australia-wide. Professional services include the monitoring, design and assessment of building and architectural acoustics (greenstar), transport noise (road, MP 4.4, rail, port and air), air quality (odor, greenhouse gases), vibration (transport, mine, building), and lighting requirements across a range of industries and applications. ASK is dedicated to providing clients with solution-based engineering services.