Professional Development Program
BE SUPPORTED by Engineers Australia to BUILD your engineering competency and BECOME Chartered:
The Professional Development Program (PDP) is one of the four pathways that Engineers Australia offers for members to achieve Chartered Status.
The PDP is the best way for individuals and for Organisations to support their employees, to work through the Chartered application requirements in a structured and supported process.
You can participate, and join over 5000 others, as an individually sponsored participant or as a sponsored participant of one of our 300+ PDP Partner organisations.
Why become Chartered?
Chartered is exclusively for engineers of all disciplines and career stages who have demonstrated leadership by inviting independent scrutiny and validation of their engineering experience, ethical practice, and dedication to continuous professional development.
For Engineers, Chartered is:
- Pride – confidence in your ability and acknowledgement of your achievements
- Credentials – assurance for clients and the broader community
- Competitive edge – recognised by peers and valued by employers
- Registration – a pathway to Registration on one of three national engineering registers and Registered Professional Engineers of Queensland (RPEQ)
- Global recognition – International Accords enable acceptance of skills and knowledge on the world stage
- Mobility – Mutual Recognition Agreements promote professional links and opportunities worldwide
- Professionalism – supported by Engineers Australia – the nation’s premier engineering network
Why the PDP?
- Use our eChartered online application & assessment system.
- Use the skills matrix, competency guide and other PDP resources to plan and assist you in building the Chartered competencies, linking through to your professional development and career growth.
- Attend Engineers Australia’s Chartered presentations & use our advice to find a Mentor to assist you in staying motivated.
- Submit a draft Engineering Competency Claim & get feedback
- Prepare your final verified ECCs in smaller bundles of at least 4 at a time as you gain the necessary experience.
- Be encouraged along the way as you meet submission milestones.
- Have access to our Nationally accredited Assessors and the PDP Team for support & advice.
- Receive guidance to help you prepare for your Professional Interview.
- Have your achievement of Chartered celebrated.
The EA Insider | Professional Development Program
How do I join the PDP?
Become a PDP Partner Organisation
The PDP provides:
- A structured process to get your people Chartered
- Comfort in the knowledge that your people are being assessed against internationally benchmarked engineering competency standards
- Agreed support by EA to make your program a success
- Access to exclusive resources for your organisation & your participants including use of eChartered
- Connection to Engineers Australia - the premier professional body and home for engineering.
Find out more
- Contact Member Services: Ph 1300 653 113
- Attend a Chartered Workshop
- ACS Australia Pty Ltd
- Adams Consulting Engineers
- ADG Consulting Engineers (Aust) Pty Ltd
- Advitech Pty Ltd
- AECOM Australia
- AGC Industries
- Airbus Group
- Airservices Australia
- Alcoa of Australia Ltd
- Alinta Energy
- Alliance Power and Data Pty Ltd (APD)
- AMOG Consulting
- Ampcontrol Pty Ltd
- Ancon Building Products Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal
- Arcadis Australia Pacific Pty Limited
- Arrow Energy
- AS James
- ASC Pty Ltd
- ASK Consulting Engineers
- Aspec Engineering
- Aston Consulting
- ATC Williams Pty Ltd
- Atteris Pty Ltd
- Aurora Energy Pty Ltd
- Ausenco Services Pty Ltd
- AusNet Services
- Australian Defence Force
- Australian Rail Track Corporation
- Australian Synchotron
AECOM is a global leader in providing fully integrated engineering, scientific, program management, and design solutions for a broad range of markets, including buildings, energy, environment, government, mining, transportation, and water.
AECOM designers, planners, engineers, economists, scientists, and project managers work on the world's most influential infrastructure. With more than 4,000 team members in Australia and New Zealand - and with another 43,000 worldwide - AECOM provide a blend of global reach, local knowledge, technical excellence, and innovation. In short, AECOM deliver solutions that enhance and sustain the world's built, natural, and social environments.
In Australia, AECOM project involvement includes the Clem Jones Tunnel (CLEM7), the Gateway Motorway Upgrade, the Ipswich/Logan Motorway Upgrade, the Toowoomba Pipeline, the Australian Synchrotron, the Olympic Dam Mine, and the Kunioon Coal Project; in New Zealand, the Otahuhu Power Station and the Auckland Rail Electrification Project; and worldwide, the New York Subway, Libya's Housing and Infrastructure Development, London's Crossrail, and the Sutong Bridge in China, which was recently selected as the world's Outstanding Civil Engineering Achievement for 2010 by the American Society of Civil Engineers.