Professional Development Program
What is the Professional Development Program (PDP)?
The Professional Development Program (PDP) is one of the four pathways that Engineers Australia offers for members to achieve the Chartered credential. The program involves you developing and responding the 2012 Stage 2 Australian Engineering Standards in a staged and supported manner.
This pathway is ideal for persons who have only been in the Engineering Profession for a short time who need more support and time to complete their Chartered journey.
To participate in the pathway you must be a current member of Engineers Australia at the grade of Graduate or above in any of the three occupational categories: Associate, Technologist or Professional Engineer.
You can participate, and join over 5000 others, as an individually sponsored participant or as sponsored participant of one our 300+ PDP Partner organisations.
- Complete your Chartered journey in a structured and staged way to make the process more manageable
- Access to our custom online eChartered system for the preparation of your application
- Ability to submit a draft Engineering Competency Claim for feedback from our National Assessors.
- Access to exclusive online resources, presentations & workshops
- Ability to talk regularly to our Nationally Accredited Assessors for advice
- Network with others in our online Chartered Community of Practice (coming soon)
- Seek National Registration/RPEQ outcomes with the same process
- Progress updates, a quarterly PDP Newsletter, program advice & advice on mentoring & career development
- Involvement in your organisation's internal PDP support programs including mentoring and study groups
- Utilise our custom eChartered application system to prepare Engineering Competency Claims against the Stage 2 Australian Engineering Standards
- The Stage 2 Standards are internationally benchmarked to ensure you are at the forefront on contemporary engineering practice
- The Standards cover competence in technical proficiency, value in the workplace, obligation to the community and personal commitment
- You will draw upon your current and past experiences to prepare your Claims The Competencies will also give you a picture of where you need to develop further and gain new experiences
- The process helps you build your engineering experience over time culminating in the Professional Interview
Being Chartered means:
- You have been recognised by your profession as able to practice competently and ethically and exercise leadership and independance.
- You have greater overseas mobility as your Chartered credential will be recognised internationally
- You have a point of difference and a credential that is increasingly required by employers and clients
- You have shown a commitment to keeping pace with the expectations and requirements of the profession and the community by maintaining your currency through Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Learn more about Chartered
Become a PDP Partner Organisation
The PDP provides a structured framework of professional formation for your engineering team members that can be used to support your other L&D programs.
- ABB Australia
- Abigroup Contractors Pty Ltd
- ACS Australia Pty Ltd
- Adams Consulting Engineers
- ADG Consulting Engineers (Aust) Pty Ltd
- Advitech Pty Ltd
- AECOM Australia
- Airservices Australia
- Alcan Gove Pty Ltd
- Alcoa of Australia Ltd
- Alliance Power and Data Pty Ltd (APD)
- AMOG Consulting
- Ampcontrol Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal
- Ansaldo STS Australia Pty Ltd
- Arrow Energy
- AS James
- ASC Pty Ltd
- Aspec Engineering
- ATC Williams Pty Ltd
- Atteris Pty Ltd
- Aurora Energy Pty Ltd
- Ausenco Services Pty Ltd
- Australian Defence Force
- Australian Rail Track Corporation
ActewAGL is an innovative utility company combining electricity and natural gas retail operations.ActewAGL is based in the ACT, with a retail footprint extending to regional centres across south-east NSW, including Young, Goulburn, Yass, Nowra, Queanbeyan, Cooma, Bateman’s Bay and Bega.
Among ActewAGL’s top priorities is a commitment to safety for both customers and employees as well as the provision of reliable network and quality customer services.
Today, ActewAGL employs over 800 people and services in excess of 180,000 electricity customers and 130,000 gas customers.
ActewAGL is proud to be a participant of Engineers Australia’s Professional Development Program.