Central Highlands (Emerald) Regional Group
Welcome to the webpage of the Central Highlands (Emerald) Regional group.
Chair: Les Crossman -
Contacts: 0417 043 834; firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Manoj Mudiyanselage
Contacts: 0427 118 531; email@example.com
Treasurer: Guru Balasubramanian
Contacts: 0428 753 075; firstname.lastname@example.org
Date and Time: TBA
Events for this year
- Emerald Aquatic Centre Construction Site - 6 February 2013
- Miranda Heights Residential Subdivision Construction Site - End of March
- Ensham Mine Tour/Blackwater BMA Mine tour- TBA
- CPEng, RPEQ presentation - TBA
- Fulton Hogan Asphalt Plant Tour - TBA
- Cotton Gin Tour - TBA
Committee members from the Central Highlands Regional Group recently visited the Year 7 & 8 students at Springsure State School to give them a better awareness of engineering and its many facets. They discussed the many benefits of becoming an engineer, advised the students on pathways to become an engineer and outlined 10 broad skills that all engineers need to have, regardless of their discipline. Photographs of engineering projects from all disciplines of engineering fascinated the students.
The Central Highlands group recently held a site tour at the BMA Blackwater Mine Site.