2 Dec 2016Swinburne University of Technology hosted Australia’s first TOM Makeathon, developing assistive technology prototypes to address the real-world challenges people with disabilities face every day.
1 Dec 2016Find out how a telecommunications engineer from Cyient is navigating his career path and what he enjoys most about his job.
1 Nov 2016Engineers Australia seeks to advance the interests of professional engineers in many ways from organising professional development courses to lobbying. And its work in supporting the next generation of engineers has been recognised with a prestigious national award.
17 Oct 2016Open access to all modules of Knovel database until 10 November.
15 Oct 2016In July this year EA launched the Applied Internet of Things Engineering Community as a vehicle to facilitate collaboration amongst users and implementers of IoT systems. Membership which is open to all is now over 500 and growing steadily.
The Information, Telecommunications, and Electronics Engineering (ITEE) College encompasses these three disciplines – which are integral to complex engineering products and systems, such as communications, manufacturing, information transfer and infrastructure.
The ITEE aims to support and promote the work of engineers in the areas of Communications; Computer Systems; Electronics; Information and Software Engineering. This is achieved by:
- Setting standards of practice and providing mechanisms to enable their attainment;
- Facilitating interaction with our peers and a diverse range of professionals with whom the ITEE Engineering team share common goals, including the Australian Computer Society;
- Providing analysis and assessment of ITEE-related infrastructure and publication of industry scorecards;
- Providing a forum for the exchange of relevant information on developments and issues; and
- Ensure the provision of relevant Continuing Professional Development.