Strength Campaign - Find out More Below
|What is Strength?||How to Participate||Rewards on Offer||Leaders Board||Campaign Rules|
Message from the Victoria Division President
Help us reach out, connect and grow.
We are a strong organisation, in fact recently I joined our CEO, Mr Steve Durkin FIEAust, in welcoming our 100,000 member, Ms Sawali Rai MIEAust. Sawali is now part of our 23,000+ strong network in Victoria.
But I know that we need to continue to grow if we are to be strong and relevant. Members tell me they want us to be strong to ensure we can effectively influence Government. You also tell me you want stronger networks.
I believe a forward-looking, growing organisation is important as we prepare Engineers Australia for the next generation.
So, I am calling on our members to work with me... to be loud and proud, and to join me in participating in our new strength campaign.
We have created this web page to help you. We have even organised some great rewards such as tickets to Engineers Australia major events, and Engineering Education Australia (EEA) learning programs to keep us focused and encouraged on this journey. I ask that you take a few minutes to continue reading about our strength campaign below, where I explain in further detail about how you can participate.
I also encourage you to visit our strength ambassadors page, which each month will highlight the thoughts of our members on strength.
I look forward to your contribution to shaping the future of Engineers Australia.
PS - If you are loud and proud, and want to share your story, or have any feedback about this campaign, I encourage you to email me at email@example.com.
FIEAust CPEng EngExec NPER
President, Victoria Division, Engineers Australia
Strength is a member referral campaign designed to engage all our members to help us grow and make us even stronger.
Why do I think this is important?
A stronger membership base:
- Strengthens the profile of engineers in this country
- Strengthens the views and voice of engineers with government
- Strengthens engineering connections
- Strengthens learning opportunities
- Strengthens engagement in engineering activities
As members, we understand the value Engineers Australia membership provides. I believe we are best placed to help our organisation grow by encouraging friends and colleagues to join their professional body.
I am calling on you to help strengthen our organisation by:
- Attracting new members
- Encouraging past members to re-join
- Motivating current members to upgrade their membership where appropriate
Word of mouth referrals are the best way to share the value of Membership, so I am encouraging you to start the Strength conversation with your networks today.
There are two ways to participate in our strength campaign.
1. Direct Communication with your Colleagues
I encourage you to start the strength conversation directly with your colleagues.
This will provide you with an ideal opportunity to share your membership experience, including the ways that Engineers Australia has assisted in supporting your career and professional development.
To assist you with articulating the variety of opportunities and benefits available to members, click here to access a list of our Division's 10 most talked about benefits.
Should your strength conversation lead to a successful referral, I encourage you to ask the individual to provide your details within the referral section of the member application form so that you are acknowledged for your recruitment effort.
You may also choose to print copies of our membership application forms to hand out personally to your colleagues with your details already completed in the referral section.
To download our membership forms, please click here
2. Prefer to Refer
Should you prefer not to contact referral candidates directly, simply provide our Division Office with their contact details and they will follow up on your behalf!
The colleagues you nominate will be advised of your referral, and encouraged to complete the referral section of the membership application form. Completion of this section will allow you to be entered into the rewards draw.
If you prefer to refer, please complete our online referral form
To recognise members who help us grow, Engineers Australia will recognise and reward members for their efforts.
Top Recruiter: One ticket to an Engineers Australia conference of choice, with flights and accommodation included, to the value of $2,500.
Second Highest Recruiter: One ticket to register for a one day training course, run by Engineering Education Australia, to the value of $1,000.
Third Highest Recruiter: Two tickets to the Victorian Engineering Excellence Awards to the value of $500.
In addition to recognising our top recruiters, Engineers Australia will also reward members who participate in this campaign and successfully refer members through random draws to be held quarterly.
Rewards on offer through the random draw include tickets to Engineers Australia, Victoria Divisions Leadership Dinner, Fellows Luncheons, Thought Leaders Breakfasts and Member Meet Ups.
For every successful referral you provide, you will receive an entry into the random reward draws.
Thank you to all members who have successfully referred a member to Engineers Australia.
I would like to take this opportunity to recognise our top recruiters.
Leadership Board was last updated on the 1st May 2013.
Like all good processes, we need some rules!
- Only Victorian members of Engineers Australia are eligible to participate in the strength campaign.
- Membership referrals must be at the grades of Graduate, Member and Fellow.
- Each member referral received between 1 July 2012 and 30 June 2013 is one entry into the rewards draw.
- To receive credit for your referral, the recruiter’s name (and membership number if known) must appear within the referring section of the membership application form. If Engineers Australia cannot verify the identity of the referring member’s name, no credit will be received for that application.
- Members who participate in the strength campaign accept that their name and the number of successful referrals may be promoted via Engineers Australia, Victoria Division marketing channels, including the strength campaign website, Engineers Victoria (EV) quarterly newsletter, and Engineers Australia, Victoria Division's Facebook and Twitter pages.
- The quarterly random reward draws will occur in October, January, April and July, with winners notified shortly thereafter.
- The major reward winners will be announced in July.
- In the case of a tie for the major rewards, the member who reaches the highest number of successful referrals at the earliest date will be confirmed as winner.
- Rewards are non-transferable and may not be exchanged for alternative rewards.
- By participating in the campaign, members agree that Engineers Australia’s decisions are final and are not open to challenge.
- strength campaign rules and rewards are subject to change by Engineers Australia.