The YEA National Committee Members write a regular blog about issues affecting young engineers, subscribe and keep up to date.
Young Engineers Chartered Survey Results
Over the past year Young Engineers Australia has engaged with Engineers Australia members and the wider engineering community under the age of 35 to understand what challenges they were facing in obtaining and maintaining Chartered accreditation and determine what value they place on being Chartered.
The primary objective was to gain as broad a participation in the Survey and Focus Groups from across the engineering sector as possible in order to draw upon the deep knowledge and insight into issues, which exists at all levels and functions across the sector, and more specifically:
- determine general opinion trends towards Chartered accreditation of engineering professionals under the age of 35
- understand motivations for obtaining Chartered accreditation or choosing not to
- identify the level of support or encouragement offered by employers with attainment of Chartered accreditation
- examine views on the actual accreditation process
- recognise general views on compulsory engineering registration, similar to the RPEQ registration in Queensland
- conduct an opinion poll on whether Engineers Australia members would support spending their fees on public awareness campaigns
A graphical summary of the survey results can be downloaded here.
- Student News July 2012
- Student News June 2012
- Student News May 2012
- Student News April 2012
- Student News March 2012
Student News February 2012
- Student News November 2011
- Student News October 2011
- Student News September 2011
- Student News August 2011
- Student News July 2011
- Student News June 2011
- Student News May 2011
- Student News April 2011
- Student News March 2011
Student News February 2011
If you would like to view earlier editions of Student News, please contact Engineers Media.
Vacation and Graduate Employment Handbooks
Please note that you need to be logged in as a member of Engineers Australia to access the Vacation and Graduate Employment Handbooks.
Library and Resources
The Engineers Australia online library provides members with access to one of the most comprehensive sources of engineering information in the world.The library consists of full-text conference proceedings and research papers, bibliographic references to news items and technical papers across all engineering disciplines.
We will continue to add stuff as we find it, but to start off with, below are some links to other young engineering groups around the world.
- Young Professionals in Energy
- Brightest Young Minds
- International Young Professionals Foundation
- Society of Petroleum Engineers Young Professionals
- Young Water Professionals
- APESMA Young Professionals
- Engineers Without Borders
- Young Lawyers
- Young IT Professionals
- Young Spatial Professionals
- Schmooze Young Professional Group (ACT)
- The International Young Professionals Foundation
- Junior Chamber International Australia