The Accreditation Management System (AMS), establishes the policy, criteria and guidelines for the accreditation of competency based engineering education programs at the level of Engineering Associate.
The AMS is intended as a resource for engineering education providers to assist with developing high quality courses, as well as a way to assess existing academic programs. It also provides explicit guidance for the development of submission documentation in preparation for an accreditation visit.
The accreditation management system provides the definitive criteria, assessment and reporting framework for evaluation panels engaged in the accreditation process.
System and context
The key objective of this evaluation is to accredit those programs deemed to adequately prepare graduates for a career as an Engineering Associate and for membership with Engineers Australia.
- Document Listing for Engineering Associate (Competency Based) (PDF 31KB)
- S01 EAComp - Overview (PDF 103KB)
- S02 EAComp - Accreditation criteria summary (PDF 93KB)
- S03 EAComp - Governing and Consultative Bodies, International Framework (PDF 34KB)
- S04 EAComp - Linking Accreditation with the Engineers Australia National Competency Standards (PDF 35KB)
Guidelines, process & resources
The Accreditation Board's policies, procedures and guidelines are designed to ensure consistency in submissions from education providers:
- G01 EAComp - Accreditation system document preparation and management (PDF 43KB)
- G02 EAComp - Accreditation criteria guidelines (PDF 137KB)
- G03 EAComp - General review process (PDF 111KB)
- G04 EAComp - Introducing new programs and program amendments (PDF 46KB)
- G05 EAComp - Alternative implementation pathways (PDF 38KB)
- G06 EAComp - Preparation of submission documentation (PDF 128KB)
- G07 EAComp - Fields of specialisation (PDF 24KB)
- G08 EAComp - Glossary (PDF 107KB)
- G09 EAComp - Approved external references (PDF 25KB)
The below policy documents are part of the engineering program accreditation system, which is managed by the Accreditation Board of Engineers Australia.
The Accreditation Board's policies, procedures and guidelines are designed to ensure consistency in the quality of the assessment process itself.
- P01 EAComp - Accreditation management system (PDF 43KB)
- P02 EAComp - Engineers Australia Policy on Accreditation (PDF 42KB)
- P03 EAComp - Engineers Australia Policy on the Accreditation of Programs Offered by Australian Registered Training Organisations at Offshore Locations (PDF 48KB)
- P04 EAComp - Engineers Australia Policy on the Accreditation of Programs Offered in Distance Mode (PDF 37KB)
- P05 EAComp - Engineers Australia National Generic Competency Standards - Stage 1 Competency Standard for Engineering Associate (PDF 67KB)