The Accreditation Management System (AMS) establishes the policy, criteria and guidelines for the accreditation of curriculum based engineering education programs at the level of Engineering Associate.
The AMS has been designed to assist engineering education providers to plan their courses and to perform a quality check. The content is displayed in modules to make it easy to navigate and find the information you require. It also provides explicit guidance for the development of submission documentation in preparation for an accreditation visit.
System and context
One of the stated purposes of Engineers Australia describes the importance of admitting only the highest quality candidates to the profession of engineering. In accordance with this purpose, Engineers Australia evaluates the courses and institutions that award engineering degrees in the career category of Engineering Associate.
The key objective of this evaluation is to accredit those programs deemed to adequately prepare graduates for a career as an Engineering Associate and for membership with Engineers Australia.
- Document Listing for Engineering Associate (Curriculum Based)
- Executive summary
- SO1 EACurr - Overview
- S02 EACurr - Accreditation criteria summary
- S03 EACurr - Governing and Consultative Bodies, International Framework
- S04 EACurr - Linking Accreditation with the Engineers Australia National Competency Standards
Guidelines, process & resources
The Accreditation Board's policies, procedures and guidelines are in place to maintain consistency in submissions from education providers and in the quality of the evaluation process itself.
- G01 EACurr - Accreditation system document preparation and management
- G02 EACurr - Accreditation criteria guidelines
- G03 EACurr - General review process
- G04 EACurr - Introducing new programs and program amendments
- G05 EACurr - Alternative implementation pathways
- G06 EACurr - Preparation of submission documentation
- G07 EACurr - Fields of specialisation
- G08 EACurr - Glossary
- G09 EACurr - Approved external references
The below policy documents are part of the engineering program accreditation system, which is managed by the Accreditation Board of Engineers Australia.
The Accreditation Board's policies, procedures and guidelines are designed to ensure consistency in the quality of the assessment process itself.
- P01 EACurr - Accreditation management system
- P02 EACurr - Engineers Australia Policy on accreditation
- P03 EACurr - Engineers Australia Policy on the Accreditation of Programs Offered by Australian Registered Training Organisations at offshore locations
- P04 EACurr - Engineers Australia Policy on the Accreditation of Programs Offered in Distance Mode
- P05 EACurr - Engineers Australia National Generic Competency Standards