Engineers Australia's accreditation management system (AMS) runs through guidelines for the accreditation of education programs for engineering technologists.
The AMS is presented in a modular format to provide for ease of navigation and the procedures for review, approval and version control are in line with best practice.
This document should enable education providers to plan their educational design and to maintain continuously high levels of quality. It should also provide guidance for the development of submission documentation in preparation for an accreditation visit.
System and context
In accordance with one of Engineers Australia's objectives, to instill confidence in the community that only qualified individuals are certified as engineering technologists, the system evaluates courses or programs that offer engineering degrees and diplomas.
- S01 ET - Overview (Note: the key changes from the AMS for programs at the level of professional engineer are highlighted in this document)
- S02 ET - Accreditation Criteria Summary (Note: the key changes from the AMS for programs at the level of professional engineer are highlighted in this document) (PDF 64kb)
- S03 ET - Governing and Consultative Bodies, International Framework (PDF 36kb)
- S04 ET - Linking Accreditation with the Engineers Australia National Competency Standards (PDF 30kb)
Guidelines, process & resources
The Accreditation Board of Engineers Australia is responsible for ensuring submissions from education providers are of a consistently high quality.
- G01 ET - Accreditation system document preparation and management (PDF 38kb)
- G02 ET - Accreditation criteria guidelines (Note: the key changes from the AMS for programs at the level of Professional Engineer are highlighted in this document) (PDF 166kb)
- G03 ET - General review process (PDF 97kb)
- G04 ET - Introducing new programs and program amendments (PDF 35kb)
- G05 ET - Alternative implementation pathways (PDF 34kb)
- G06 ET - Preparation of submission documentation (PDF 125kb)
- G07 ET - Fields of specialisation (PDF 20kb)
- G08 ET - Glossary (PDF 62kb)
- G09 ET - Approved external references (PDF 20kb)
The Accreditation Board's policies, procedures and guidelines are designed to ensure consistency in the submissions of educational bodies to the Accreditation Board, and in the quality of the assessment process itself.
- P01 ET - Accreditation Management System (PDF 38kb)
- P02 ET - Engineers Australia Policy on Accreditation of Professional Engineering Programs (PDF 33kb)
- P03 ET - Engineers Australia Policy on the Accreditation of Programs Offered by Australian Universities at Offshore Locations (PDF 37kb)
- P04 ET - Engineers Australia Policy on the Accreditation of Programs Offered in Distance Mode (PDF 31kb)
- P05 ET - Engineers Australia National Generic Competency Standards - Stage 1 Competency Standard for Engineering Technologist (PDF 70kb)