The Newcastle Division serves the engineering community from the Hawkesbury River, north to the Queensland border and west to Coonabarabran and is led collaboratively by a Division Manager and a Division Committee comprising local volunteer members.
Local staff deliver on Engineers Australia’s strategic agenda including:
- Supporting and initiating educational STEM programs and groups, engaging with careers advisors in high schools to broaden discussions around engineering, and shaping policy in the STEM area; and, supporting the National Engineering Register.
- Facilitating technical presentations, Continuous Professional Development (CPD) sessions and workshops.
- Policy launch events, engineering heritage endeavours, formally acknowledging / recognising engineers who have served the profession and attained, Chartered, Fellow and EngExec, and recognising and rewarding outstanding local individual engineers and projects through our prestigious Awards Program.
Engineers Australia members benefit from access to world-class CPD and technical resources; career services; the recognition they receive on the National Engineering Register and via Chartered status; valuable networking opportunities; global mobility through our International Accords; entry into our Awards Program; leadership and advocacy opportunities; management and leadership achievements being recognised through the Engineering Executive (EngExec) postnominal; and, access to an exclusive Member Rewards program among other benefits.
Start your membership today and enjoy the benefits of being part of a global engineering community.
COVID-19 Safe Workplan
The health and safety of our members, guests and staff is our highest priority. A range of measures will be implemented in line with and in addition to Government WHS regulations and COVID-19 policy. To find out more about the entry conditions for the Newcastle office, please read the Newcastle Office COVID-19 Safe Workplan.
Group Engagement/Administration Officer
The functions of a Division Committee are to:
- Provide leadership and direction to members in the Division.
- Liaise with Colleges and technical societies in respect of Engineers Australia’s learned society functions.
- Assist the Board with the delivery of national programs.
- Initiate and support local programs to provide improved services to members in the Division and to appeal to new members .
- Provide advice and recommendations to the Board on matters relating to its role within the Division.
- Facilitate communication between Division members and the Board.
- Represent Engineers Australia in public forums and media opportunities.
- Engage in high level consultation with the Division General Manager on the resourcing of Division activities.
- Provide or arrange programs to engage the local community and promote the profession of engineering practice.
The current Newcastle Division Committee consists of the following members:
Joe Townsend, MIEAust
Pierre Gouhier, MIEAust CPEng NER
Steve Adamthwaite, GradIEAust
Renny Chivunga, MIEAust
Karlie Collis, FIEAust CPEng NER
Leon Fabrikanov, FIEAust CPEng NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Stephen Palmer, FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aust)
Natalie Perfrement, FIEAust CPEng NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aust)
Paul Reynolds, FIEAust
Frank Sammut, MIEAust
David Sparkes, FIEAust CPEng NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Michael van Koeverden, FIEAust CPEng NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Engineers Australia's groups, Colleges and Technical Societies play an integral role in setting the professional standards and providing continuing professional development (CPD) for all members from the full range of engineering occupations and career stages.
As knowledge sharing platforms, these groups provide the opportunity for engineers to give back to, become involved in, and connect with their local engineering community.
Find out more about Engineers Australia's Communities and Groups that includes Colleges, Technical Societies, Special Interest Groups, National Committees Communities of Practice, Awards, Focus Lecture Series, Standards Australia, Publications.
Engineers Australia plays an important role in recognising and celebrating engineering excellence and the contribution engineering makes to our communities. Our Award Programs identify, recognise and reward outstanding achievement, eminence in the practice of engineering and conspicuous service to the profession.
Engineers Australia offers a range of national awards, medals and scholarships, which highlight contributions to various areas of engineering.
GHD is one of the world's leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation. They provide engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients.
Established in 1928, GHD operates across five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America - and the Pacific region. They employ more than 10,000 people in 200+ offices to deliver projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics across the entire asset value chain. Driven by a client-service led culture, they connect the knowledge, skill and experience of their staff with innovative practices, technical capabilities and robust systems to create lasting community benefits.
GHD is committed to sustainable development, and improves the physical, natural and social environments of the communities in which they operate. They are guided by workplace health, safety, quality and environmental management systems, which are certified to the relevant international standards (ISO and OHSAS).
The office of the Newcastle Division of Engineers Australia is situated at Suite 3, Tonella Commercial Centre, 125 Bull Street, Newcastle West (entry via Dick Street).
The building offers a number of meeting room facilities, which you may wish to utilise. In particular our boardrooms and meeting room are very suitable for any mediation/arbitration meetings.
- Auditorium - seats 70 theatre style. Also large boardroom style or classroom style.
- 1 x Boardroom - 10 people seated comfortably around the table.
- Meeting room - 6 people seated comfortably around the table.
A range of audiovisual equipment is available and presenters can choose from the following:
- Overhead projector, electronic whiteboard and flip chart
- Lectern microphone as well as lapel microphone
- State of the art data projector - $165.00 hire fees applies
Hiring Rates (prices include GST)
|Full Day (8 hrs)||Half Day (4 hrs)|
Carafes of water and glasses are provided with all room hire. Engineers Australia can supply continuous tea/coffee/biscuits at a cost of $5.00 per person. Additional catering at clients own care, please contact us for details of a range of local caterers.
Room hire outside of business hours will attract an additional fee - Security will be provided by an external security company at an additional charge as per their rate (minimum four hours).
Our experienced staff will be able to assist you with any enquiries you may have. For further information or if you would like to make a booking, please call Jo at our office on (02) 4911 7310 or email: [email protected] Office hours are 9.00am to 5.00pm.
Suite 3, Tonella Commercial Centre
125 Bull Street
Newcastle West NSW 2302
Entry: via Dick Street
Phone: Toll Free 1300 653 113
Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Should you wish to speak directly with a staff member, please call the toll free number above and ask for them by name.