Interview initiation provides the opportunity for final year students and recent graduates to have their own one-on-one practice interview with a member of our YEA Committee.
Who is the program for?
The program is particularly aimed at young engineers who:
- Have recently graduated
- Are ready to begin their engineering career
- Aren’t sure what to expect at an interview.
How does Interview Initiation work?
1. Applicants answer a short survey via a Wufoo form. They’re also asked to tell us about themselves in 50 words or less. Areas they answer include their career stage, their discipline, and the area/s of the job application process they believe they need assistance with.
2. Applicants are sent a job description and asked to apply for the job by sending in their CV and a cover letter.
3. Based on their survey answers, applicants are matched with a young professional engineer who will conduct the interview. The interviewer is sent the answers to the survey, the CV, and the cover letter.
4. The interview is held at the Engineers Australia Office, and questions are the same for each interview to allow for standardised feedback. It’s like a real job interview, without the pressure.
5. After the interview, the applicant is sent a standardised feedback form and advice on their CV and cover letter, including an example cover letter they can utilise to improve their own.
Start the process now by completing the Expression of Interest form.
Please contact [email protected] if you have further questions.