About the Townsville regional group
The Regional Groups throughout Queensland perform an important function in Engineers Australia's strategic role to provide state-wide advocacy, support and professional development opportunities for our members.
The Townsville Regional Group is one of the most energetic and proactive committees, offering a comprehensive calendar of events and programs for local engineers including professional development opportunities, networking and social activities plus raising awareness of Engineering as a career. These opportunities and activities aim to be relevant, interesting, thought provoking and inexpensive for Regional Engineers across all disciplines of engineering.
Each year the Townsville Regional Group plans to hold:
- Four professional development seminars
- A number of networking events
- Two construction site visits
- Engagement opportunities with James Cook University and local schools.
For anyone interested in being involved with this progressive Townsville Regional Group, it meets the 3rd Wednesday of each month.
- Pursuit of knowledge and exchange of ideas
- Commitment to professional and ethical standards
- The accomplishments of our members
- Sustainability of engineering outcomes.
- Advance the science of engineering
- Cultivate lifelong learning by our members
- Welcome a diverse engineering workforce
- Celebrate excellence in engineering outcomes
- Drive adherence to economic, social, and environmental values
- Draw inspiration and knowledge from our engineering heritage
- Uphold the integrity of the profession
- Take the lead in advocacy for the profession.
Townsville regional group committee
0434 331 218
0420 246 567
Immediate Past Chair
0401 252 898
0417 069 857
0488 183 647