Vision 2020+3: Our Strategy for 2020-2023
Why we exist
Our purpose is to advance the science and practice of engineering for the benefit of the community.
Engineers Australia shapes the future of Australia – creating happy, healthy, prosperous and sustainable communities.
What we do
Over 2,000 volunteers and 300 staff work together to provide a wealth of valuable services to members, the profession and the community, including:
- Raising the profile and understanding of engineering and its impact on society
- Providing professional development for engineers
- Awarding Chartered, NER and EngExec credentials to those who meet the standards
- Delivering impartial, evidence-based advice to inform government policy
- Accrediting engineering education to ensure that it is world-class and prepares students for work
- Assessing the skills of migrants applying to work in Australia
- Inspiring school students to become the next generation of engineers
Three areas of influence; Six Strategic Shifts
Our strategy sets EA up to deliver on our purpose by creating six shifts across three areas of influence: the profession, the membership and the organisation.
What value will members and customers see?
- Future ready: engineers will be better prepared for the future of the profession
- Impactful leadership: engineers see and hear Engineers Australia impacting engineering-related issues
- Chartered aspired: members will see employers and peers place more value on the Chartered credential
- Membership valued: members will see more benefit from EA membership
- Easy to do business: it will be easier for engineers to use EA products and services
- High performing: engineers will be inspired by EA, our volunteers will feel appreciated and valued
Download our Vision 2020+3 strategy to find out more.