Chartered via Interview is a premium pathway for senior, very experienced engineers, with more than 15 years' experience. This pathway has been designed to minimise the time commitment for you to achieve Chartered status.Manage your entire application online.
What do you need?
- Must have at least 15+ Years’ Post Graduate Experience. Roles held need to have included significant responsibilities in leading Teams or Projects.
- Current Membership Grade of Full Member (MIEAust, TMIEAust, AMIEAust) or above.
- Provide a detailed CV and the contact details of 2 referees to verify your qualifications. From 1st October 2020, more information will be required, see document here for specific information. The CV is in lieu of other evidence – the Assessors must be able to clearly see that the Chartered Stage 2 Competencies have been met by the roles and activities described. A company profile or similar is not sufficient.
Follow these 5 steps to get Chartered Via Interview
- Email [email protected] requesting use of the Chartered via Interview pathway and attach your CV and Self Assessment.
- Engineers Australia will review your CV, and if accepted, will provide access to the Chartered via Interview pathway within the online application system. If not accepted, you will be advised by email which will detail other Chartered application options for you.
- On receipt of Alternate Pathway approved notification, follow the prompts to enrol and provide your payment, CV (again) and CPD Log.
- You will be contacted to arrange a suitable time for your Professional Interview conducted via video platform e.g. Skype etc. The Interview will take approx. 1 hour and will involve a broad discussion of your engineering career.
- CHARTERED. Following the Interview, you will receive an email notification confirming your Chartered award and Areas of Practice. An official Certificate will follow in the mail soon after.