About the Electrical College in Queensland
The main activities conducted by the Queensland Electrical Branch include:
- Maintaining current knowledge on developments in engineering competencies and emerging engineering disciplines.
- Co-operating and collaborating with relevant technical societies, Learned Societies Advisory Committee (LSAC) and other constituent bodies of Engineers Australia.
- Arranging technical conferences, symposia, and meetings, as well as the preparation of learned and other publications to provide members with CPD opportunities.
The Queensland Electrical Branch arranges and provides:
- Policy proposals and comments to government and industry
- Awards and prizes to encourage excellence
- Sponsorship activities that promote engineering as an interesting and rewarding career
- Research and development input
- Recognition of the outstanding achievements of members.
- Chair: Mark Spinks
- Vice-Chair: Kerry Williams
- Immediate Past Chair: Bryan Cheetham
- Secretary: Justin Read
- Asfaneh Narimani Zamanaba
- Aileen Jenkins
- Angel Caceres Rincon
- Bernard Hayes
- Brian O'Neill
- David Turner
- Gustavo Chamusca de Azevedo
- Keith Callaghan
- Mark Lendich
- Martin Hoelscher
- Tapan Saha
- Viswa Easwaran
For further information about the Electrical College committee please see our web page