About the Electrical College in Queensland
The main activities conducted by the Queensland Electrical Branch include:
- Maintaining current knowledge on developments in engineering competencies and emerging engineering disciplines.
- Co-operating and collaborating with relevant technical societies, Learned Societies Advisory Committee (LSAC) and other constituent bodies of Engineers Australia.
- Arranging technical conferences, symposia, and meetings, as well as the preparation of learned and other publications to provide members with CPD opportunities.
The Queensland Electrical Branch arranges and provides:
- Policy proposals and comments to government and industry
- Awards and prizes to encourage excellence
- Sponsorship activities that promote engineering as an interesting and rewarding career
- Research and development input
- Recognition of the outstanding achievements of members.
- Chair: Mark Spinks
- Vice-Chair: Kerry Williams
- Immediate Past Chair: Bryan Cheetham
- Secretary: Justin Read
- Asfaneh Narimani Zamanaba
- Aileen Jenkins
- Angel Caceres Rincon
- Bernard Hayes
- Brian O'Neill
- David Turner
- Gustavo Chamusca de Azevedo
- Keith Callaghan
- Mark Lendich
- Martin Hoelscher
- Tapan Saha
- Viswa Easwaran
For further information about the Electrical College committee please see our web page
Past Chairs of Engineers Australia Queensland Electrical Branch
From 1966 to 1977, it was known as the Electrical and Communications Branch. From 1978 to date, it has been known as the Electrical Branch.
|1976||Mike A||SARGENT||* #|
|1978||A G B (George)||JOUGHIN|
|1979||A P (Fred)||NICOLOSI|
|1980||E J (Joe)||ABERCROMBIE||* #|
1981, 82, 87
* Engineers Australia Queensland - Chairman/President
# National President - Engineers Australia
## National Chair - Electrical College
** National Chair - Information, Telecommunications, Electronics, Engineering College (ITEE)