About the Electrical College Victoria
The Electrical Engineering Branch represents the discipline-specific focal point for Victorian Electrical Engineering members of Engineers Australia. Electrical Engineering covers a wide and growing range of engineering specialisations, falling under the major areas below:
- Power Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Communications Engineering
There are several thousand engineers affiliated with the Branch, and the Committee encourages both young engineers and experienced engineers who aren't already on the mailing list to register your interest with the Branch Secretary. This will help you to stay informed about Branch functions and initiatives, to become actively involved as a Committee member, or to arrange events of benefit to the profession.
The Committee encourages and welcomes input on new topics for its technical program.
The Committee meets each month to plan and coordinate its various activities, on behalf of its members. These activities include:
- Planning Continuing Professional Development (CPD) seminars to assist Electrical engineers to enhance their personal professional development, network with others in their discipline, visit industry sites, and help support their business and professional success.
- Supporting and participating in a co-ordinated joint program of activities with other Victorian electrical engineering organisations.
- Having representation from the Branch Committee on the following Engineers Australia Committees:
- (National) Electrical College Board;
- Victoria Division Committee
- Learned Society Advisory Committee
- Encouraging initiatives enhancing engineering related awareness and the stimulation of a culture of innovation. For example, Engineer's Australia is a proud supporter and sponsor of the Monash University Model Solar Vehicle Challenge, which involves approximately 70 schools throughout Victoria.
- A range of other activities and initiatives relevant to the spectrum of electrical engineering.
Dr Peter Sokolowski FIEAust CPEng NER APEC Engineer
Saqib Ikram MIEAust CPEng NER
Steve Barker MIEAust CPEng NER
Jack Bryant StudIEAust
Tim Leech MIEAust
Faraz Mirzaagha MIEAust CPEng NER
David Van Bergen MIEAust CPEng NER
David Zammit MIEAust
Electrical and Electronic Engineering Victoria (EEEVIC) Joint Technical Program
Engineers Australia's Electrical Engineering Branch participates (along with the other Electrical Engineering organisations) in the EEEVIC joint seminar and visit program. Each organisation is responsible for nominating and arranging two events in the joint program per year.
The EEEVIC program has been successful in helping to minimise event and topic overlap, and in assisting each organisation to reach a larger audience of Victorian electrical engineers. The events are usually free of charge, and both members and non-members are very welcome.