About ITEE Western Australia
The ITEE College represents members who have an interest in Information, Telecommunications and Electronic Engineering. This includes many related fields such as Software Engineering, Instrumentation Automation and Control and Mechatronics.
The WA ITEE committee has determined that its primary objective should be to provide increased professional development opportunities to its members through technical presentations and seminars, with overall attendance its measure of success.
The WA ITEE committee has also determined that supporting members to achieve chartered status, through development of discipline-specific competencies, should be an objective.
Our key focus has been:
- Supporting the Joint Electrical Technical Program (JEEP): A technical presentation once a month jointly sponsored by the Electrical Panel, ITEE, IEEE and IET.
- Organisation of a technical presentation once a month jointly sponsored by IICA/ITEE/IET/IEEE.
- Conducting a forum for Software Engineering practitioners once a month. People interested in joining this group should contact Geoff Roy.
- Participating in conferences as appropriate to the discipline relevant to its members.
- Developing guidelines for competencies specific to the disciplines represented through ITEE.
The Western Australian group of the ITEE meets as an elected committee on the third Monday of each month at 5:30pm to arrange technical talks that qualify as Professional Development for members, and to consider and make comment on policy matters that are relevant to its members.
Currently several members of the WA committee sit on the national ITEE College Board. The ITEE committee is also represented on the WA Learned Society Advisory Committee, providing it with a link to the Western Australian Division Committee. New members are welcome and this can be arranged by contacting any committee member.
- Mr Robert Williamson
- Mr Peter Mauger
- Dr Walter Green
- Dr Jocelyn Armarego
- Dr Geoff Roy
- Ms Aoife Breathnach
- Mr Amir Farhand
- Dr Dalong Wang
- Mr Paul Rainsford
- Mr Allen Tighe
- Dr Valerie Maxville
- Mr Kulbhushan Sharma