About Engineering Heritage Queensland
We are a group interested in the important contribution that engineering has made to the history of Australia.
We are keen to identify and promote the conservation and future use of significant historic engineering works and sites.
We look after the heritage commitments and interests of Engineers Australia within Queensland.
We are EHQ or Engineering Heritage Australia (Queensland).
EHQ is part of Engineering Heritage Australia, a key Interest Group of Engineers Australia. EHQ has representatives on the Brisbane City Council Heritage Advisory Committee, the Ipswich Heritage Consultative Committee, the Queensland Energy Museum, the Telstra Museum.
- We have a program with lectures, visits and other activities.
- We conduct a recognition program for historic engineering works.
- We run an oral history program and keep biographies.
- We have a modest specialist library of books, papers and video materials.
- We maintain an archive of the significant records of the Queensland Division.
- We conduct guided walks and we produce guide booklets and publish books.
- We may be contacted for help with engineering heritage or history matters.
Anyone with an interest in the history or heritage of engineering is very welcome to join us.
We are always on the lookout for people to join our archiving group which meets every Monday morning in the Whitmore Room on the 2nd floor of Engineering House.
Heritage and conservation engineering
Do you have the skills and interest to be a Heritage and Conservation Engineer?
Accreditation is available for professional engineers competent in this field, and for those where heritage and conservation engineering is a significant area of their professional practice.
Meetings of the Heritage Committee are held in Engineering House, 447 Upper Edward Street, Brisbane on the second Monday of each month. They commence at 12.30pm and a light lunch is available at the meeting. New members are always welcome on the Committee.
The EHQ Committee can be contacted through the Engineers Australia Queensland Division Office at email@example.com.