About Young Engineers Victoria
Young Engineers Australia (YEA) is a group within Engineers Australia, representing the 50,000 student and professional members nationally, with 12,000 in Victoria under the age of 35.
We are the voice for young engineers and are committed to facilitating academic, personal and professional development for our members and to showcasing the Engineering profession to the wider community.
The Victoria Division of YEA (YEA-V) includes students, associates, technologists, graduates and professionals. The Victoria Committee organises various activities for members including the annual Careers Expo, Leading Minds Dinner, Young Professionals Networking Night (The Clique), Business Skills Workshops, site tours and seminars. We also host competitions like the annual EngFlick short film competition.
Click here to view the committee structure and the position descriptions of the current positions available to nominate for on the committee.
- Young Professionals in Energy
- Brightest Young Minds
- International Young Professionals Foundation
- Society of Petroleum Engineers Young Professionals
- Young Water Professionals
- APESMA Young Professionals
- Engineers Without Borders
- Young Lawyers
- Young IT Professionals
- Young Spatial Professionals
- Schmooze Young Professional Group (ACT)
- The International Young Professionals Foundation
- Junior Chamber International Australia
What's in it for you?
- Recognition among peers and colleagues
- Ongoing professional development and mentoring
- Networking opportunities and industry links
- Career management resources
- Develop leadership and management skills
- Joint events with other industry sectors
- Technical seminars and social activities
- Monthly events offering CPD points
- YEA-V Monthly Newsletter
- Access to YEA-V web portal
- Member event discounts
- Volunteering opportunities.
Young Engineers Australia
- Represent the interests of young engineers across all disciplines
- Promote excellence amongst young engineers
- Foster the exchange of information
- Will help you scale new heights in your career!
You are automatically considered part of the Young Engineers group if you have a recognised Engineering qualification, and are 35 years of age or younger.
If you are interested in joining the committee, becoming involved or just coming along to some of our events please send an e-mail to [email protected].