Australian Earthquake Engineering Society
The AEES is dedicated to reducing earthquake risk by progressing science and engineering practices related to earthquakes and seismology. They seek a better understanding of the many ways in which earthquakes impact our lives including:
- Physical - how can engineers use the most advanced materials and practices to reduce or even eliminate earthquake damage?
- Social - how do we plan for, react and behave before, during and after an earthquake?
- Economic - what are the economic repercussions of a high magnitude earthquake, including infrastructure, insurance and healthcare related costs?
- Political - what procedures and provisions can and should be in place to reduce risk and prepare safety plans for high magnitude earthquakes?
- Cultural - how do we, and other cultures, view earthquakes and how do these cultural viewpoints affect preparation and safety?
The AEES is a non profit society that organizes meetings and conferences, creates and publishes newsletter, promotes research and represents Australia to the International Association of Earthquake Engineering.
Click here to visit the Australian Earthquake Engineering Society's website.
Click here to join the AEES today