About Transport Australia
We seek to improve public debate on strategic transport issues, ensuring transport professionals are at the table when Governments make decisions regarding transport policy, reform and infrastructure investment.
We offer leadership in the transport sector through:
- professional development
- public comment and education
- policy development
- improving industry practice
- celebrating achievements
As a national organisation with state based branches, TAs is the home for transport professionals in Australia. Please click here to download a copy of the TAs Constitution.
In early 2021, TAs sought out to develop a comprehensive history of Transport Australia society including all of its past forms. Research indicated that TAs in its original form as National Committee on Transportation has records back to 1975. Three name changes later, we have Transport Australia society which was officially formed in 2015. The chairs of TAs were able to be dated back to 1995 with 10 chairs recorded since then. Read more about our history or watch the video version.
Keep up to date with TAs LinkedIn
Engage with other interested TAs professionals and keep up to date with events and what's happening in our industry by joining our TAs LinkedIn group. Members and non-members welcome.
National Executive Members 2021
Your representatives on the National Executive for this year are:
- Shalendra Ram FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus) (QLD) – Chair
- Scott Elaurant MIEAust CPEng NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus) (SA) - Deputy Chair
- Flori Mihai FIEAust (WA) - Treasurer
- David Lowe FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus) (NSW)
- David Hayward MIEAust (QLD)
- Jerome Catbagan FIEAust CPEng NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus) (ACT)
- Peter Wills (VIC)
- Lindsay Oxlad FIEAust CPEng NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus) (SA)
- Nataliya Katsman (TAS)
- Mathew Vitucci MIEAust (NT)
- Barry Moore FIEAust CPEng NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus) (WA)
- Scott Martin (Aviation Working Group)
- Madison Elliott (Student Membership Working Group)