About the NER
Engineers Australia (EA) introduced a registration framework called the National Engineering Register (NER).
When you are listed on the NER it becomes a badge of professionalism, demonstrating professional recognition and public trust.
Engineers Australia’s National Engineering Register (NER) is the largest Engineering Register in the country delivering a uniform national benchmark standard of professionalism in the broadest areas of engineering practice, both general and special.
The NER is a publicly searchable database providing a national system of ‘registration’ for the engineering profession in Australia of professional engineers, engineering technologists and engineering associates in both the private and public sectors.
Why be registered on the NER?
- You want to be recognised as being competent to practice independently.
- You want recognition for your achievements.
- You want to get a head start towards Chartered.
- You need state registration (for Professional Engineers only. Visit our Statutory Registration page for more information).
How to apply
NER is available to EA members and non-members.
Visit the Join the NER page for further information on eligibility criteria and application processes.
Already on the Register?
If you are already on the NER and wish to add a further area of practice, please apply on the NER Registration page.
The cost for members to add an additional area of practice is AU$346.50 (GST incl) and for overseas members AU$315.00.
If you need further information, contact the Member Services Team at [email protected] or on +612 6270 6555 or Toll Free: 1300 653 113.
Member services are available Mon–Fri 8:30am–6:00pm AEST.
Registration and application fees:
- EA Members pay an assessment fee of AU$346.50 (GST incl.), which includes registration on the NER for the remainder of the current membership subscription year.
- Non-members pay an assessment fee of AU$577.50 (GST incl.), which includes registration on the NER for the remainder of the current financial year (30 June). Thereafter an annual fee of AU$179.00 (GST incl.) will apply.
- Overseas EA members pay a GST exclusive assessment fee of AU$315.00, which includes registration on the NER for the remainder of the current membership subscription year.
- Overseas non-members pay a GST exclusive assessment fee of AU$525.00, which includes registration on the NER for the remainder of the current financial year (30 June).
- The Chartered assessment fee for EA members seeking Chartered includes the NER registration fee for the balance of the current EA membership subscription year in which Chartered is obtained.
- An NER renewal fee will be invoiced with your EA membership renewal annually. The current annual fee is AU$109.00 (GST incl.).