The EESA Group Mentoring Program is an exciting new initiative focused on the development and nurturing of the up and coming young engineers within the power industry.
The program will match mentees with mentors who will provide guidance on professional development and how to develop new skills and knowledge.
A special feature of this mentoring program is that each mentor is assigned to a small group of mentees.
This provides mentees with the opportunity to spend more time with their mentors giving them greater exposure to fresh perspectives, ideas and approaches.
The benefits for mentors include:
- Recognition as an industry expert and leader
- Exposure to fresh perspectives, ideas and approaches
- Extension of their professional networks
- Opportunity to reflect on their own goals and practices
- Complimentary invitation to a dinner held at the conclusion of the program
The benefits for mentees include:
- Exposure to new ideas and ways of thinking
- Advice on developing strengths and overcoming weaknesses
- Guidance on professional development and advancement
- The opportunity to develop new skills and knowledge
- Expanding their personal and professional network
The Application Procedure:
Mentors and mentees will be matched to a group based on their experience.
Applying as a Mentor:
As a not for profit organization, EESA programs run with thanks to volunteers who contribute their time and experience. As such, volunteer mentors will not be charged a fee for participating and EESA will organise a complimentary dinner to thank them for their time. Mentors are required to commit two hours a month for three months.
Applying as a Mentee:
Applications are only open to currently employed engineers or managers. Mentees are required to commit two hours a month for three months.
$0.00 for EESA and EA members
- Non Members:
$30.00 for Non Members
Engineers Australia Member Services
1300 653 113