The 2018 Southern Regional Forum will deliver the theme of ‘Creating Legacy’; a mantra for the entire region building into the future. This theme will discuss some of South East Queensland's most prominent and important infrastrucure projects.
Held on Thursday 24th May, this full-day event will feature a range of expert speakers who will discuss different projects which are underway in Southern Queensland, building lasting outcomes for the future. Topics discussed will encompass different types of local transport infrastructure, residential development, automated vehicles and energy acquisition. A Q&A session will form part of the day’s activities.
If you can’t make the forum during the day then why not come to the dinner to hear an interesting talk by Darren Wren from IFC Collective on Engineering Legacy as well as hear from Alton Twine from Gold Coast City Council on the Infrastructure legacy left from the Commonwealth Games, while you relax and enjoy a delicious meal.
The Forum Dinner will take place at 6.30 for pre-dinner drinks (7pm for mains) following the Forum. This is a great opportunity to meet and mingle with delegates and speakers from the forum in a relaxed and casual atmosphere with great food, wine and beer.
So far, confirmed topics and speakers are as follows:
- Inland Rail – Rob McNamara, ARTC
- Light Rail – Warren McReight – Transport and Main Roads, QLD Government
- Cross River Rail – Graeme Newton
- Autonomous vehicles – Michael McGee, Transit Australia Group
- Athletes Village – Steve Grimes, Parklands Project, Grocon
- Toowoomba Second Range Crossing, Derek Leys, Nexus Infrastructure
- New developments in small wind – Reda Farhi, Axis Energy Group
- Spit Master Plan – James Coutts, Dept. State Development, Manufacturing, Infrastructure and Planning
- Digital Legacy in the Community - Zoe Eather, The Smart City Podcast
- Minimising the effects of 'white elephant' infrastructure post Gold Coast 2018 - Matthew Hall, Emerging Professionals in Infrastructure QLD
As part of the Southern Regional Forum, an on site presentation at Jewell Towers will also take place the following morning, 9am, Friday 25 May, giving attendees the chance to gain insight into the current progress of the $1 Billion development, due to be delivered in 2019. Numbers are strictly limited for this on site presentation. Delegates meet at the Project Office, 32 Old Burleigh Road, Surfers Paradise.
This event will give you 8 hours towards your CPD points.
If you would like to stay on the Gold Coast for this event, please use the attached booking form to make your reservation at Mantra Legends Hotel and get the special delegates rate and free WiFi.
- Per Person: $20.00 ($18.18 excl. GST)
- Per Person: $70.00 ($63.64 excl. GST)
- Member / Member Partner Rate: $100.00 ($90.91 excl. GST)
- Student Member Rate: $90.00 ($81.82 excl. GST)
- Non-Member / Non-Member Partner Rate: $130.00 ($118.18 excl. GST)
Engineers Australia Member Services
1300 653 113