ENGINEERING GAMES 2018
Engineers Australia, Canberra Division, is once again organising the FREE Engineering Games Competitionwith judging to take place on Wednesday 5 September 2018, at UNSW ADFA commencing at 5.30pm. Last year’s games were a huge success with approximately 300 school children from across Canberra taking part in the competition.
The engineering games provide an opportunity for students to participate in an exciting and challenging competition that demonstrates the engineering processes used in problem solving.
• Use plastic drinking straws to build a Straw Tower
• Use plastic drinking straws to build a Geodesic Dome
• Use spaghetti to build a bridge
• Design and construct a mouse trap powered model car
• Build a balloon powered hovercraft
• Use their ingenuity to control a small electric light
• NEW - Putt-putt coding challenge, "Scratch" coding game
• Junior Primary (up to Year 4)
• Senior Primary (Year 5 and 6)
• Secondary (Years 7 to 9)
• Senior Secondary/College (Years 10 to 12)
The Engineering Games will include demonstrations from ADFA.
Download the 2018 Games Rule book for further details and instructions for each game.
This event is proudly supported by: