This innovation café will bring together the leaders of WA’s engineering community to discuss opportunities and the impact of innovation across engineering leadership and management of projects of all kinds, from the perspective of systems engineering, risk engineering, cost engineering and asset management.
Innovation is often seen as a fringe activity, something done in laboratories and, increasingly, in coffee shops, yet, innovation and the development and adoption of new ideas, techniques and technologies has been part of engineering since before Roman times.
With the West Australian economy and the engineering profession both undergoing major challenges and transformation, this event is an opportunity to discuss some of the issues facing the profession, to open up new ideas to move into the future.
What is an Innovation Café?
An Innovation Café is a flexible and collaborative way to host a large group dialogue and develop insights and outcomes. Similar to a workshop, groups gather around tables, and explore a particular topic. The results are recorded from these discussions. The groups then disperse and people move onto another table and topic, each time building on the existing material and transferring insights from one topic to the next. For this event, the tables will be facilitated by the four technical societies aligned with the College of Leadership and Management:
- Systems Engineering Society of Australia (SESA)
- Risk Engineering Society (RES)
- Australian Cost Engineering Society (ACES)
- Asset Management Council (AMC)
Key questions to consider will be:
- What are the barriers to innovation? How do we unlock these?
- How can we promote an environment in which innovation is fostered?
- What are some of the desirable leadership mindsets in terms of culture, finance, etc?
- What has worked and what remains an edge (leading edge or bleeding edge)?
The event will be hosted by the Centre for Entrepreneurial Research and Innovation (CERI) in Nedlands.
Welcome and introduction to CERI by CERI's CEO Dr. Carolyn Williams will take place prior to commencement.
Please note the timings for this event are 5pm Arrival for 5.30pm Start - 8 pm.
- EA, ACES, AMC, RES. SESA & CERI Member Rate: $35.00 ($31.82 excl. GST)
- Society Member Rate: $65.00 ($59.09 excl. GST)
- Student Member Rate: $22.00 ($20.00 excl. GST)
- Non-Member Rate: $65.00 ($59.09 excl. GST)
Engineers Australia Member Services
1300 653 113