Fibreglass reinforced plastics (FRP) has had a considerable impact across a variety of industries across the world. In Australia, it is slowly adapting to overtake spaces where traditional material would be specified. With a list of benefits that include durability, light weight nature, easy to install, no welding required and more, it is quick to see the competitiveness this material brings to modern construction.
Treadwell Group have been consistently educating the greater global audience on FRP as market forces pushes this material forward. Their distinct business divisions have been developed by utilising the most current composites technology in supplying FRP solutions and anti-slip materials.
The team of presenters from Treadwell Group will seek to address common topics of interest with FRP and the research that supports it as well as the implications of results for industries. They will cover general characteristics of FRP composite material systems on top of benefits and requirements for pultruded FRP components and systems used in the structural design of buildings and other structures. They will also speak on design limitations and how to adopt the FRP Load and Resistance Factor Design (LRFD) format. Some focus will be on strength limit states and how they are related to structural safety under the maximum loading conditions that occur during the intended service life of the structure as well as serviceability limit states that relate to structural performance under normal service conditions.
Topics presented on the evening:
1. What are the FRP systems offered by Treadwell?
2. UV stabilisers
3. Fire retardancy
4. FRP grating (design methodology & types)
5. FRP orthotropic material properties
6. The design methods of FRP pultruded sections (ultimate, serviceability, creep, fatigue, impact, connections)
7. FRP structures - State of the art design (safety factor, weight, cost)
8. Portfolio of projects
Mahdi Saadati - Senior Structural Engineer, Treadwell Group
Urich Nandagopal - Internal Sales Engineer, Treadwell Group
Lachlan Butcher - Sales Director, Treadwell Group
- Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Society Member Rate: $30.00 ($27.27 excl. GST)
- Student Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Non-Member Rate: $30.00 ($27.27 excl. GST)
1300 653 113