Join AGS and the Research students from our Victorian institutions for this Graduate evening where the students will give a short talk on their research projects throughout the technical meeting.
The main objective is to let the AGS members know about some of the current research and development studies being undertaking in Victoria, and to share and discuss R&D needs and ideas.
Student Presentation information
The Graduate research night will provide an opportunity for research students (nearing completion/ in final year of their degree) to present a quick summary of their Geomechanics related research work (10 minute presentation), including:
• Nick Makasis, University of Melbourne, "Optimising the Design of Energy Piles using Machine Learning".
• Genaro Gonzalo Carnero Guzman, Monash University, "Hydraulic Performance of Geosynthetic Clay Liners Under Extereme Cold Environment".
• Amirhassan Mehdizadeh, Swinburne University, "A Multi Scale Investigation of Post-erosion Mechanical Behaviour of an InternallyUunstable Gap-graded Soil".
• Tabassom Afshar, Swinburne University, "Micro-scale Behaviour of Recycled Construction and Demolition Material: Discrete Element Method Simulations and Synchrotron Tomography".
• Yuqi Tan, RMIT, "Water Inflow Rate and Hydraulic Pressure Prediction of a Metro Tunnel Under Water Table".
• Amir Orangi, University of Melbourne, "Evaluation of Soil Properties Using Electromagnetic Waves”.
- Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Society Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Student Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Non-Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
Engineers Australia Member Services
1300 653 113