Engineers Australia Cairns is hosting a luncheon to hear about the project progression of the Mt Emerald Windfarm from guest speakers Kim Forde and Paul McDonald from Ratch.
Ratch Australia is building the $380M Mt Emerald Wind Farm on 2400Ha of private land on the plateau adjacent to the Mt Emerald/ Springmount area. Approx ½ way between Mareeba and Atherton. 5km west of Walkamin.
They are currently constructing a total of 53 wind turbines, which will be generating up to 180.5 MW of power from this site. The windfarm is projected to:
- Power up to 75,000 homes
- Create 150-200 jobs over the lifetime of the project
- Reduce 450,000 tonnes of CO2-e
- Inject $66.8M and $44.3M directly and indirectly into the FNQ regional community.
Kim Forde will be presenting a presentation of the progress of the works, including video and drone footage of the site works to give an overview of the works to date. Paul McDonald, the site owner's engineering representative, will be on-hand to assist in the presentation and answer any technical questions.
Registration open from 11.30am
A delicious hot lunch will be served from 11.45 am to eat while listening to the prentations.
Presentation starts 12.30pm.
- Member Rate: $45.00 ($40.91 excl. GST)
- Student Member Rate: $35.00 ($31.82 excl. GST)
- Non-Member Rate: $75.00 ($68.18 excl. GST)
Engineers Australia Member Services
1300 653 113