This presentation will provide a short, sharp overview of the key elements of the National Electricity Market (NEM) electricity system and market operation. Usually run as a short course, it has been put together by the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) to provide information on the current operational structure and future initiatives, including:
- Energy regulatory structure and responsibilities
- How the power system operates
- What happens when things go wrong
- Market fundamentals
- AEMO’s initiatives in the new energy landscape
Integrated Energy Systems Team Analyst, Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO)
Stephan graduated from Monash University with a Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical) combined with a Bachelor of Science (Physics and Maths).
Following this degree, he completed the Graduate Development Program at AEMO, in which he worked across various teams including gas system engineering, market operations, electricity and gas market monitoring, and data science.
It is a 5:45 pm arrival for a 6:00 pm start.
- Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Society Member Rate: $30.00 ($27.27 excl. GST)
- Student Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Non-Member Rate: $30.00 ($27.27 excl. GST)
Engineers Australia Member Services
1300 653 113