The NSW Chapter of the Society of Fire Safety (SFS) invites members and associated professionals to attend an upcoming Technical Information Session on Combustible Cladding.
The seminar will cover the following topics:
- Peter Gardner is the Director of PGA Pty Ltd with diverse fire engineering and building code consulting skills in a wide range of projects with more than 26 years’ experience. Peter is a past chair and current committee member of the Society of Fire Safety in NSW.
Peter will be summarising and building upon the findings from the Safe Cladding & Buildings 2018 Conference. Peter will also discuss important fire testing and fire safety engineering issues to be considered in the assessment of cladding systems.
- Stephen Grubits is widely regarded as Australia’s foremost authority in fire-safety engineering and smoke control in buildings, pioneering the application of fire science and technology to the design of fire-safety systems. He has extensive experience in all aspects of fire, developed over 38 years in fire research and fire safety engineering.
AS5113 is a classification standard based upon testing of facades to either British or ISO standards. The classification standard is called up in the newly added verification method (CV3) in Amendment 1 to the NCC (BCA) that came into effect recently. The presentation explores the relationship between the classification criteria in the Standard, CV3 and Performance Requirements of the BCA with particular emphasis on falling debris.
- Sigurjon Ingolfsson is a fire engineer within Arup’s Perth office. He has a broad view of fire engineering having previously worked in the Middle East and the UK and is a co-author of the NFPA EFFECT methodology.
Sigurjon’ s presentation will outline the background research and methodology developed for a new prioritisation and risk assessment tool, NFPA EFFECT, for use by Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJs), building owners or facilities managers to assess existing buildings with combustible façade systems across a large portfolio of buildings.
Who should attend?
The recommended audience for this seminar includes, but it not limited to, Architects, Designers, Mechanical Engineers, Fire Safety Engineers, Fire Protection Consultants, Building Regulation Consultants, Fire & Arson Investigators, Private Certifiers and Regulatory Authorities including Councils and Fire Brigade Personnel.
About the Society
For information about the NSW Chapter of the Society of Fire Safety, please contact the NSW Chair Edmund Ang at [email protected] or you may be interested in visiting the Society’s Website https://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/Communities-And-Groups/Technical-Societies/Society-Of-Fire-Safety
Members who feel they can contribute to the seminar or would like to participate in the discussion during the seminar are invited to contact the NSW Chair prior to the seminar.
- Non Members:
- EA and SFS Member Rate: $30.00 ($27.27 excl. GST)
- Other Society Member Rate: $60.01 ($54.55 excl. GST)
- Student Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Non-Member Rate: $60.01 ($54.55 excl. GST)
Engineers Australia Member Services
1300 653 113