Please join us for the Young Engineers Australia Sydney (YEAS) division committee Election of Office Bearers for 2017-2018 and Annual General Meeting. This will give you the opportunity to elect for a position in the committee for the coming year and help shape the YEAS program of events for the coming year.
To nominate for a position, you must be a member of Engineers Australia and also fit the criteria of being classed as a young engineer. (A young engineer is a member of EA of any grade (student, graduate, etc.), at the age of 35 or under). Positions available at the election are; Marketing and Communications Manager, Graduate and University Relations Manager, and 4 x General Committee Representative positions.
Note that all applicants will be required to give a short presentation (maximum 1.5 minutes) at the EoB about themselves and why the feel suitable for the role.
Please register for the evening as places are limited due to capacity.
Full position descriptions
- All applicants will be required to give a short presentation at the EOB about themselves and why they feel they are suitable for the role (approximately 1-2mins)
- Registered applicants will be provided with a series of questions relating to their presentation before the EOB that they should try to address
- To nominate you must be a member of Engineers Australia and also fit the criteria of being classed as a young engineer. (A young engineer is a member of EA of any grade (student, graduate, etc.), at the age of 35 or under)
1. Marketing and Communications Manager
- Responsible for strategising and implementing social media policies, initiatives and activity to build
- membership communication and engagement
- Development and implementation of YEAS member communications strategy with the executive team
- Coordinate topics for relevant articles, posts and information to support all YEAS communications
- Generate graphics and promotional material for YEAS events that are in line with EA policies using
- InDesign, Photoshop or Word
2. Graduate and University Relations Manager
- Mentor "Campus Coordinators" and assist facilitation of on-site activities at Universities and TAFEs
- Responsible for the strategic delivery of membership engagement with students and graduates
- Actively promote the Engineering profession to schools, Universities and TAFEs through attendance
- and/or coordination of presentations and talkback sessions
- Work closely with the Campus Coordinators and oversee the delivery of Transition Nights and O-weeks
3. General Committee Representative x 4
- Provide input into the delivery and management of YEAS events and activities
- Develop programs that will benefit YEAS members
- Assist and engage with the executive team in implementing measures to improve YEAS
- Represent YEAS at official EA functions, YEAS functions (including seminars, university
- Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Society Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Student Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
- Non-Member Rate: $0.00 ($0.00 excl. GST)
Engineers Australia Member Services
1300 653 113