The Engineering Games are a fantastic event for pre-tertiary students of all levels. The Engineering Games allow hundreds of students to harness and explore the skills of an engineer through a fun competition.
The Engineering Games are held in Canberra and are perfect for students who love Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) subjects and activities. Inspire your students by organising an amazing experience this year.
Date: First week in September 2018 (date to be confirmed)
For future engineers of all ages
The Engineering Games has four categories that cover children from early primary school all the way up to those about to enter university. The categories are:
- Junior Primary
- Senior Primary
- Senior Secondary/College
Students will utilise processes of engineering to compete in challenges that will inspire and inform their interests. Here are the list of activities students can choose from:
- Mousetrap Racer: how far can you go using the energy stored in the spring.
- Straw Tower: Build a straw tower with the best load bearing ability.
- Geodesic Dome: Use interconnected triangles from straws to form a sphere.
- Spaghetti Bridge: Use uncooked spaghetti and glue to build the lightest bridge.
- Hovercraft: Build a craft using a CD powered by a balloon.
- Enlightened Timer: Build a timer that will keep a lamp on for 30 seconds.
- Putt-Putt Coding Challenge: Use Scratch (https://scratch.mit.edu/) to develop a golf game.