Engineers Australia is seeking valuable member feedback to inform our position and provide collective feedback to the Victorian government relating to the Professional Engineers Registration Scheme. We are hosting a number of discussion groups to allow us to hear member views on the consultation documents recently been released by the Victorian government.
The Professional Engineers Registration Scheme
The Professional Engineers Registration scheme will commence on 1 July 2021 and will require engineers who provide professional services in and for Victoria, to be registered. The Act aims to ensure services are provided by professional engineers who have a minimum level of qualification, experience, and professional development. The proposed regulations set a schedule for phasing in registration across the five initial disciplines: civil, structural, fire safety, electrical and mechanical.
If you wish to participate in a discussion group please register for one or more of the following sessions:
- Guidelines on providing professional engineering services | Monday 7 September, 12.30pm
- Guidelines on direct supervision | Tuesday 8 September, 12.30pm
- Guidelines on the extraterritorial application of the Act | Thursday 10 September, 12.30pm
- Guidelines on areas of engineering | Thursday 10 September, 4.30pm
- Practice Note – What is a prescriptive standard? | Monday 14 September, 12.30pm
- Proposed Professional Engineer Registration Regulations 2020 (1) | Tuesday 15 September, 12.30pm
- Proposed Professional Engineer Registration Regulations 2020 (2) | Thursday 17 September, 4.30pm
- Proposed Code of Conduct for Professional Engineers | Monday 21 September, 12.30pm
It is expected that members will have reviewed the relevant information available at Engage Victoria prior to these discussion groups.
If you are unavailable to attend a session of interest we encourage you to provide written feedback to [email protected] including page and clause reference. Alternatively you can participate in the government’s consultation directly at Engage Victoria.