Hyperparallel OCT (HP-OCT™) for Ophthalmology and Optometry by Cylite Pty Ltd has been announced as Victoria’s top Engineering Excellence Award winner and Sir William Hudson Award finalist.
Cylite’s Hyperparallel OCT (HP-OCT™) is the next generation of diagnostic equipment for Ophthalmologists and Optometrists. Designed, engineered, and manufactured in Australia, the HP-OCT ™ provides complete volume 3D imaging of the eye, along with highly accurate (to the micron level) measurements of all the key optical properties of the eye.
The Australian Engineering Excellence Awards (AEEA) recognise Australia’s top engineering projects and the engineering teams behind them.
Following a rigorous judging process by an independent panel of experts, projects from each of Engineers Australia’s nine divisions are selected to win an AEEA. One winner from each division is also selected as a finalist for the Sir William Hudson Award – the highest honour for a project awarded by Engineers Australia.
Engineers Australia Victoria Division Manager, Alesha Printz, congratulated winners on their teamwork, innovation, and technical excellence.
“These Australian Engineering Excellence Award winners showcase the outstanding achievement in engineering and the invaluable contribution engineering makes to the economy, community and the environment,” Ms Printz said.
“A cutting-edge technology that has been designed, engineered and manufactured in Australia, the HP-OCT™ is an innovative technology and a worthy nominee for the national award.”
Australian Engineering Excellence Award winners – Victoria
- Hyperparallel OCT (HP-OCT™) for Ophthalmology and Optometry – Cylite Pty Ltd
- 271 Spring Street, Melbourne – Arup
- Southern Program Alliance - Initial Works Package - Southern Program Alliance: Lendlease, Acciona Coleman Rail, WSP, Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) and the Level Crossing Removal Project (LXRP)
- The Woodside Building for Technology and Design – Aurecon
- Burwood Brickworks Shopping Centre - Spencer Group Engineering Pty Ltd
- The Caulfield to Dandenong Level Crossing Removal Project - The Caulfield to Dandenong Level Crossing Removal Alliance: Lendlease, CPB Contractors, Aurecon, WSP, Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) and the Level Crossing Removal Project (LXRP)
Professional Engineer of the Year Award winner – Victoria
- Emma Miller-Olsen - FIEAust CPEng EngExec NER APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Young Professional Engineer of the Year Award winner – Victoria
- Amy Lezala FIEAust CPEng APEC Engineer IntPE(Aus)
Project images are available for download HERE
Lisa McKoy| National Media Manager
0468 366 691