On Saturday the 6th of April 2019, members of Engineering Australia (EA) Qatar Chapter visited the JW Marriott Hotel construction site located at West Bay, Doha, Qatar. The site is one of the milestones for Qatar 2022 World Cup. Engineer Reda Alnemairy the project manager from the Engineering Consultant Group (ECG) hosted this visit and provided valuable presentation and tour around the site. The educational visit covered learnings and discussions about the design, challenges and construction supervision of the project.
The 5-star JW Marriott Hotel project consist of a 53-storey hotel tower, the plot of land area is 9,562 m2 with a total built-up area of about 119,285 m2, it is 215m above ground and is situated in a prime position facing the sea at Dafna and it is privately owned development.
JW Marriott Hotel features the following components:
- 3 basement parking area which can accommodate 488 cars.
- Lobbies, reception areas, restaurants and retail shops on the ground floor.
- Business center on the mezzanine floor.
- 297 hotel rooms: 112 standard rooms, 62 executive rooms, 75 double rooms, 42 suites, 4 VIP suites and 2 presidential suites.
- 120 serviced apartments.
- A large and unique cantilevered pool deck on the 33rd floor of the building which is the main feature of the project including children’s pool, shallow water pool and water fountain.
- leisure facilities: 8 food and beverage outlets, a ballroom, a conference hall, a spa, retail, a gym, spa and fitness center, a nightclub, 2 sky restaurants on the 50th and 51st floors.
Engineers Australia would like to thank ECG for their time and effort in providing us this privilege in gaining the understanding for such a prestigious project - EA Committee Member – Qatar Chapter.