Engineers Australia Spread the Word Referral Campaign 2020
Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions set out the terms of participation in Engineers Australia’s Spread the Word Referral Campaign 2020 (“Referral Campaign”).
1. The promoter of the Referral Campaign is The Institution of Engineers Australia trading as Engineers Australia (“Engineers Australia") (ABN 63 020 415 510), Engineering House, 11 National Circuit, Barton, ACT, Australia.
2. The Referral Campaign is a promotional activity by which existing members of Engineers Australia (“Members”) are each provided with their own personal referral URL (“Unique Link”). Members may share their Unique Link (eg by using email or social media) with others who may be interested in becoming members of Engineers Australia (“Referrals”).
3. Members who do this (“Referrers”) will receive access free of charge to Engineers Australia’s World Engineers Convention Video Viewing Platform, worth over AUD $500, for the life of their membership, provided the following criteria are satisfied:
a. a Referral uses the Referrer’s Unique Link to apply for membership to Engineers Australia and submits their application on or before 11:59pm on 30 April 2020; and
b. if the Referral’s application for membership is accepted by Engineers Australia, the Referral pays their membership fee in full by 30 June 2020.
4. Referrals whose applications for membership are submitted on or before 11:59pm on 30 April 2020 using a Referrer’s Unique Link, and who become fully paid-up members of Engineers Australia by 30 June 2020 (“Referred Members”), will also receive access free of charge to Engineers Australia’s World Engineers Convention Video Viewing Platform, worth over AUD $500, for the life of their membership.
5. All applications for membership of Engineers Australia by Referrals will be subject to Engineers Australia’s usual membership approval process.
6. There are prizes for the 10 Referrers with the highest number of Referred Members:
a. The Referrer with the highest number of Referred Members will receive:
(i) an entitlement to Continuing Professional Development training by Engineering Education Australia Pty Ltd free of charge up to the value of AUD $1500. This entitlement to Continuing Professional Development training must be used to book training within one year following the date of receipt, after which time it will expire; and
(ii) a copy of Engineers Australia’s Centenary Books ‘Wonders Never Cease’ and ‘Anything is Possible’, worth over AUD $100 (inclusive of postage and handling).
b. The next 9 Referrers with the highest number of Referred Members will each receive a copy of Engineers Australia’s Centenary Books ‘Wonders Never Cease’ and ‘Anything is Possible’, worth over AUD $100 (inclusive of postage and handling).
7. By participating in the Campaign, each Referrer and Referral (“Participant”) agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Engineers Australia may in its discretion refuse to award any prize to any Participant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions. All relevant instructions (if any) on the Engineers Australia website (www.engineersaustralia.org.au) form part of these Terms and Conditions.
8. Each prize must be taken as is and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
9. If a prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, Engineers Australia, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
10. Prize winners will be notified by 31 July 2020 by email. Physical prizes will be mailed to prize winners at the postal address held by Engineers Australia at the time of mailing. Engineers Australia will not be liable to re-send prizes to different addresses if the Participant has not provided Engineers Australia with the correct postal address. Therefore, please keep your contact details up to date.
12. If there is any event that prevents or hinders Engineers Australia’s conduct of the Campaign or Engineers Australia’s ability to deliver the prize/s to the prize winner/s, Engineers Australia may, in its discretion, award the prize to the Referrer with the next highest number of Referred Members.
13. Engineers Australia is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Campaign, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of this Campaign. Engineers Australia assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, or communications line failure.
14. To the full extent permitted by law, by participating in this Campaign, the Participant agrees that Engineers Australia will not be liable for any injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or indirect) to persons or property as a result of any person participating in the Campaign or accepting or using any prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any prize or damage to any prize in transit. This release extends to any injury, damage, expenses or loss whatsoever (whether direct or indirect) to persons or property arising from the Campaign being run on, or Referrers and Referrals using, any form of social media including, but not limited to Facebook.
15. This Campaign is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any social media network.
16. This offer is only for new paid Engineers Australia memberships. Student and new Graduate memberships are not eligible to receive referral rewards. Rewards are only valid when a membership application is completed, processed and paid before 11:59 pm, 30 April 2020.