As the peak body for engineers in Australia, we’re passionate about engineering and its importance in a modern society.
We’re a purpose-driven organisation that consciously invests in our culture and values the individual contributions of each of our people. We have an outcomes-focused approach, underpinned by networked thinking and authentic dialogue.
We’re looking for talented, like-minded professionals in any stage of their career who resonate with our values.
We'll help you to advance your career through great experiences by focusing on five key areas.
How to apply and the application process
The process to apply for a role with Engineers Australia is easy. Follow these steps:
- Take the first step and look over our current career opportunities.
- If you see something that appeals to you, complete the online application, attach your resume or CV. Be sure to address any selection criteria we’ve asked for so we can properly assess your application.
- If your application meets the role criteria, we’ll contact you for a 15-minute phone interview.
- If you’re successful we’ll invite you to attend a face-to-face interview. This will either be in person or online via videoconference. This will be your opportunity to tell us about your experience and skills and how they align to the role. Depending on the role, you might also be invited to present to us. This interview will also allow you to meet the hiring manager, learn more about the role and what it’s like to work for Engineers Australia.
- Some roles will involve a third interview. If the role you’ve applied for does then we’ll let you know during your second interview.
- If you’re successful, we’ll then ask for your references and conduct reference checks.
- Finally, if you’re the successful candidate we’ll contact you to verbally offer you the role. If you accept we’ll send you a letter of offer to be signed. This pack will include information about your start date plus all the paperwork you’ll need to complete so we can set everything up for you.
- If you accept, sign and return the letter of offer and we’ll proceed with onboarding you through our online system.
How we support you
Once you’re on board, we work hard to support you so you can learn about your new role and working with our organisation.
In your first week you’ll be warmly welcomed by your new manager and your team. Your manager will spend time to help you understand your role. You’ll also be assigned a ‘buddy’ who can help you to navigate processes and procedures.
In your first month you’ll be introduced to other teams and leadership throughout EA. You’ll be invited to collaborate with others who can help you learn more about the organisation and support you on your journey.
During your probation period we’ll support you to learn and build relationships. You’ll also learn how your work directly contributes to the bigger picture so you can do your best work with us.
We offer long term career opportunities at EA that include internal promotion and secondment, so you can continue to advance your career while you’re with us.