Engineers Australia’s three distinguished career awards recognise and reward the achievements of engineers who have achieved a lifetime of outstanding success.
Distinguished career award winners 2023
Honorary Fellows 2023 Professor Qing-Long Han (Victoria) and Dr Geoffrey Boughton AM (Western Australia)
Peter Nicol Russell Memorial Medal recipient Dianne Boddy (Victoria)
President’s Prize recipient Paul Collier (Victoria) with Nick Fleming and Romilly Madew
This award honours Sir Peter Nicol Russell, a Sydney industrialist of the 19th century who made major donations toward engineering in Australia.
It is the most prestigious award conferred by Engineers Australia. It’s presented annually to an Honorary Fellow of Engineers Australia and who has made a notable contribution to the science or practice of engineering in Australia.
- The highest technical, professional and community service standards of the engineering profession.
- An outstanding example of leadership and management within the engineering industry.
- The broad nature and impacts of the engineering profession through their significant contributions.
Winners are presented with a framed certificate and PNR memorial medal at an Engineers Australia award event.
This honour elevates the recipient to the level of Fellow of Engineers Australia, the highest credential available to members.
The Honorary Fellows Award is conferred by the Board of Engineers Australia on a recipient who has demonstrated:
- Notable contributions or achievements in the engineering profession or to an allied science.
- The highest technical, professional and community service standards of engineering
- Service to the Australian people or in recognition of outstanding achievement.
Recipients are presented with a framed certificate at an Engineers Australia award event.
The President's Prize
The President's Prize award is awarded on an annual basis to an individual or group who has provided distinct service to the profession or the community. The recipient’s service must also have contributed towards the strategic goals of Engineers Australia.
Award recipients are chosen by Engineers Australia’s National President and presented with a framed certificate at an Engineers Australia award event.
Email us for further information about this award and how to apply.