28 Jan 2016Engineers Australia and create magazine are looking for Australia’s most innovative engineers.
4 Feb 2016NASA has announced it is building an integrated-photonics modem with a view to testing it on the International Space Station in 2020.
1 Feb 2016A Japanese folding pattern at least 500 years old could be used to create space-minimising payloads to go to Mars or for implanting micro surgical devices.
22 Jan 2016Mobile satellite communications company Inmarsat has opened a new office in Singapore citing the growth potential it sees in the Asia-Pacific region.
22 Jan 2016State Government commits to a 10-year $750 million Powerline Bushfire Safety Program to reduce bushfire risk associated with electricity assets.
The main activities conducted by the Electrical College include:
- Technical conferences, symposia and meetings to provide members with CPD
- Preparation of learned and other publications, mainly for CPD purposes
- Policy proposals and comments to government and industry
- Awards and prizes to encourage excellence
- Sponsorship activities that promote engineering as an interesting and rewarding career
Research and development.
10 Feb 2016Presentation by Mark Lockwood and Matt Checksfield from Powerplan Engineers Pty. Ltd.
11 Feb 2016Launched in 2002 the GRACE satellite mission is a joint mission of NASA and the German Aerospace Centre.
16 Feb 2016Early predictions of ‘Convergence’ were made in the mid 1970’s. However, the pace of change has been turbo charged from the mid 1990’s by the Internet and mobile communications. This talk will take the audience through the evolution of convergence from a theory to the reality of today where...
17 Feb 2016This presentation provides an overview of the new design approach that deals with concepts such as ALARP, probability of fibrillation and probability of coincidence. The fundamental earthing related hazards like EPR, GPR, step, touch, hand-to-hand and remote voltage transfer are also explained.
9 Mar 2016To successfully manage high voltage assets, it is essential to implement a complete life cycle management plan from the design stage to the disposal of the asset. This presentation will cover methods on effectively manage these assets using a combination of risk management and condition data.
- Learn more about myPortal
- Help with logging in
- Exclusive member rewards
- Elevate: smarter banking for engineers
- Transfer / Upgrade your membership
- Library services
- Policy and government liaison
- Become an office bearer or volunteer
- Exclusive member rewards
- Become a registered engineer
- Find Engineers Australia in your area
- Career planning and advice
- Engineering Education Australia courses
- Articulation guidelines