Water engineering is focused on surface water hydrology, hydraulics, water quality, water sensitive urban design and water resources. The National Committee of Water Engineering (NCWE) is a committee of the Civil College and serves as a point of reference for EA members, local water panels and affiliated international organisations.
The key objectives of the NCWE are to:
- coordinate water engineering conferences, workshops and training
- publish the Australasian journal of water resources
- support the practice of hydrology through local Engineers Australia panels
- promote engineering excellence and acknowledge the contribution of individuals to the profession through awards and scholarships.
The NCWE also publishes research, discussion papers, maintains industry guidelines and supports local technical activities.
Email us or call 1300 653 113 if you have any questions about our work.
Current NCWE committee members are:
- Dr Michael Leonard MIEAust – Chair
- Monique Retallick MIEAust – Deputy Chair
- Dr Brendan Berghout MIEAust
- Kristy Chandler MIEAust
- Dr Katherine Daniell MIEAust
- Anthony Gaffney MIEAust
- Dr Fiona Ling FIEAust CPEng NER
- Mardi Medwell-Squier FIEAust CPEng NER
- Julian Orth MIEAust CPEng NER
The NCWE works with Engineers Australia division-based water panels. State and territory representatives are:
- Li Gao – Victoria
- Dr Michael Leonard MIEAust – South Australia
- Julian Orth MIEAust CPEng NER – Northern Territory
- Daniel Rodger – Queensland
- Brett Stinton – Western Australia
- Rhys Thomson – New South Wales
Contact us at the relevant state office to learn more.